Explain it like I'm 5! Best way to connect SVS SB1000 Pro with Roksan K3 Integrated amp.

gabesz

Novice Member
Hi everyone. I'm looking into buying my first sub ever (SVS SB 1000 Pro potentially) and want to connect it to my Roksan K3 integrated AMP + pair of Monitor Audio Gold 10's.

Searching on the forum I found someone helping another person who owns a K3 by saying:

"Connect the AVR sub-out to the LFE input of the SB-2000 Pro. Connect the L/R pre-outs of the Roksan K3 to the other RCA input of the SB-2000 Pro.
Use a 1M-2F RCA splitter at the subwoofer to combine both channels of the Roksan.
When the subwoofer is playing a signal from the AVR the SB-2000 LPF should be set to Off (LFE mode active).
When the subwoofer is playing a signal from the Roksan, the SB-2000 LPF should be set to On (LFE disabled) and set to whatever frequency results in a good blend/transition with the mains speakers in the 2.1 system. If you tell us the brand/model speaker I can make a starting recommendation for the LPF frequency and slope.
The AVR input and the Roksan input will likely also have different SB-2000 Pro volume settings. So after you get all the settings for each input where you want them, you can create a custom preset for each input so you can easily/quickly switch between them using the app."

Can someone please explain this to me like I'm a five year old? English is not my first language and I got a bit lost reading all this. Does the above explain both type of connections, low and high level and if yes do I need to do both to get the best result? What cables should I get in this case?

Not quite sure I understand what they mean by the two different ways the sub is playing the signal from? When would that happen?

Sorry if I sound stupid but any help is greatly appreciated :)

stevoknevo

You would connect pre-out 1 on your amp to the input on the SVS then adjust to suit - what you quoted above refers to connecting an integrated amp to an AV receiver and having a sub work with both independently.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom