Expired -Sainsburys Ent Blu-ray Clearance, Stock Varies

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by jammyone, Jan 31, 2014.

1. golden phoenix

golden phoenix
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,959
    im a physical media person aswell..if you dont like something you can always sell or trade it. i managed to get the indiana jones complete adventures from sainsburys for £17.99 combining with a fiver of nectar points, which im well happy with. sainsburys were always a £1 cheaper than everywhere else generally so i will miss them. not sure about there streaming services and how good the quality is or even what titles they have will have to have a look.

also looking at the website..it seems the streaming is geared up for microsoft products. i want to watch on my tv, wondering whether i can use my oppo or ZT or ps4? good thing is looks like you can still use nectar points for purchases.

edit: nope can only use mobiles, tablets and pcs it looks like

looks like its all SD aswell dear oh dear

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. Ste7en

Ste7en
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,241
    Buying a flick, watching it and selling it after for half the price is a mugs game.

I've nothing against streaming. But I'd rather have a physical product.

Having said that, I'd rather it be a disc of a flick I actually like :)

3. Karlin

Karlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,202
    Not often I remove a URL form my 15 years' worth of bookmarks but their new is is a complete joke.

Not sure which business model they're using but I'm glad I wasn't on the team who put it in place.

Adieu, Mr Sainsbury.

4. hippo99

hippo99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,052
    Your examples above seems to more about 'renting' than buying.
    'Renting' is great with Netflix & Lovefilm as costs are minimal. But where I want a title to keep- I'd go with a physical disc over a download everytime.

I've got quite a few digital games, but only for titles that are either free (PS+) or exclusively as a download (no retail release). Pitfalls are- recently I had to buy Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies (3DS) as a download as it has no retail release & it's very annoying that it's locked to my 3DS XL, & I can't use it on my other 3DS & I can't lend it to my friend after I'm finished (also can't sell on either).

5. Daytrader

Daytrader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    I know where your coming from, but really i was on about movies and games i know i really want to keep, and games that are big A titles, like in the ps or xbox store games to download are like £55 £60, buy them alot cheaper online and boxed, and then if you ever do need to sale you get money back, same goes for films, i only buy retail movies i am going to keep and watch more than once, or i wait until they ge tcheap, but your right, for renting so so movies or ones your not sure about, its good ideal, but even then the video and audio quality is usually not good, with bluray you get great quality and audio, audio to me is as important as the video quailty, i did not pay like £5000+ on my av setupjust to see low bitrate and low quality audio, but thats another thread :)

6. hippo99

hippo99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,052
    But the MOST important thing to you is...does it have a slipcase or a steelbook :D:smashin::rotfl:

;)

7. Ste7en

Ste7en
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,241
    Downloading games is a pain. I buy a few daft ones for my son. Stuff like Real Steel, Terraria, Dungeon Defenders etc. Some I've accidentally bought on my account and his 360 broke so we got one of the forums and we had a right mess on with downloading stuff, setting up licenses and re-downloading.

Then I go and buy Call of Juarez and I Am Alive... but they are just 2.50 each :)

I don't mind streaming now. The other night I watched Bullet to the Head when it finished I thought "Pleased I didn't buy that!" but I do find stuff I like and end up going out and buying the BDs.

8. Daytrader

Daytrader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    If i know it comes with a slipcase, yes i have to have it, but i actually dont like steels as the ydont match my collection :)

9. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,192
    I dread to think what streaming would be like on my measly 2meg download.

10. Wildkarrde

Wildkarrde
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,509
    Yip, my BB is sllllllooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww