• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

EXPERTS PLEASE! Panasonic 42" G10 (TXP42G10) OR Toshiba 46" LCD (46XV635DB)

furiousrabbit

Standard Member
For roughly the same price..

A 42" plasma, or a 46" lcd???
Panasonic TX-P42G10B PLASMA SCREEN review cheap prices TX-P42G10B PLASMA SCREEN Panasonic best buy discount online uk shop
Toshiba Regza 46XV635DB 46-inch Widescreen Full HD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Im looking for someone to say something SUPER-SMART that will allow me to make a firm decision between these 2 sets ASAP!!!

Apps in order of priority:
1. Xbox360
2. DVDs most of the time but also bluray.
3. Use it as a PC screen too
4. TV and occasional sports.

My dilemma:
I have a "feeling" that the PQ will be better on the plasma, but 46" is a huge step up for the same price and given that the LCD vs Plasma argument seems to be divided equally in population terms, im willing to consider that the PQ difference may be negligible.

What Im looking for:
SUPER-SMART, CONCISE comments that will make me go "OK, Im going for THAT ONE!"

Thank you!!

vickster

Distinguished Member
If size matters, the Toshiba is bigger and a decent model. What's your viewing distance?

If a PC screen, LCD is the 'safer' choice (although Panasonic plasmas are very resistant to image retention)

Then again, LCDs can suffer from motion blur, less good blacks, input lag, backlight bleed, clouding...Plasmas don't but they have a softer picture than LCD, but that is down to preference

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom