Expert System Purchase Advice needed!

MyColdExposedPixel

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Not sure which subforum this should go in so I have cross-posted.

Essentially, with Black Friday on the horizon, I want to set up a high quality surround sound system in a Spa.

I would like to play a combination of downloaded sound files, audio from youtube videos and various sound files from Apps (ideally Apple but alternatively Android). I would ideally like 4 (but if necessary only 2) speakers which can provide sound in a stereo format (if 4 speakers are involved then two of them would be "L" and two "R"). I need a very stable connection since Bluetooth doesn't seem to work well in the spa.

I thought that the best way to do this was to control things through an IPad mini and stream via SONOS to four speakers however this turned out to be a complete disaster. The speakers are difficult to group in the way that I wanted, the Sonos App is extremely limited in what can be palyed through it (you can link, for unstance, a spotify account but not downloaded sound files). Youtube can't be played through it (there is a third person workaround but it is extremely slow and buggy) and even trying to play files directly from the IPad via airplay is atrociuous - extremely slow and only picks up two speakers at a time.

Consequently, I am looking for a system that is wired (or has a very strong wireless connection), is flexible and multi-speaker that I can configure.

Would anybody have any suggestions to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance

MP

If the Spa includes a hot tub be aware that the heat, moisture and most of all the high levels of Chlorine will attack any metal and some polymer parts on speakers and amps. I kept my chlorine tablets in an old kitchen cupboard in sealed containers and the chrome plated hinges rusted through in only a few months. This is why most fitting on Hot Tubs are Stainless Steel.

Also, if the Spa is like most I have seen i.e. Tiles walls/floor with very little furnishings, then any sound system you put in will not sound optimal and will be compromised by the room heavily.

Do you have a budget and what size area are you looking to fill?

Thanks so much - I didn't realise how toxic Chlorine was to components!

The area is relatively small - approx 5m x 4m.

So far, I have tried to get around things by using a Sonos Connect but, on trying to set up the system today I find that it won't work with a Guest WiFi network - arrgh!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom