1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experiences of a Sony KV32LS35

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by WildCard, Mar 16, 2002.

1. WildCard

WildCard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

Has anyone got any experiences of Sony KV32LS35 televisions? I thinking of having a good look at this one to replace a Panny PL1 (assuming that the next PL1 I get is no better than the one I have now).

I don't think I'm after anything too unusual in a TV. Nice, sharp in focus picture across the entire tube. Good colour purity and even brightness across the tube, i.e. white is always white and the picture does not show any darker bars at the edges or patches that look dirty. Good geometry, i.e. bars on a 2.35:1 movie are straight and not too bowed in the middle on the screen, same for 4:3 bars. I think these are in order of importance. I'd rather have slightly off geometry than dirty patches on the tube. Besides, geometry is probably correctable, dark bars and dirty patches arn't!!

The Sony is a bit more than the Panny but the 28 inch job I saw today looked pretty promising. Couldn't find a 32 inch model though. Two other questions!! Can you rotate the picture if it's a bit out? Is the widescreen zoom mode variable? On the Panny, you can vary the vertical stretch of the picture so you can choose how much of the picture you end up loosing.

Thanks for any help.

Darren.