Experian.

DeAdSoUls

Has anyone on here used these to get a credit check? They do a 30 day free trial, it is worth doing it?

Rikwaller

Yep, it's good info but you have to sign up with bank details so don't forget to cancel it after use. I did and realised a year later.

PocketBunny

Dont know if it's worth doing for a credit check, but experian are a big dog when checking people's details. I used them twice when checking over a million people's details in a previous role

sergiup

Distinguished Member
Yes - they're used as a source by plenty of companies, and they're okay, if a bit expensive. If you want an accurate report, make sure you give all your address and give them a call to make sure they're there in all their formats; I've got at least one address (a flat) which appears in three or so different formats, and they need to ensure all those are included to provide full cover.

SuperG1

Try Noodle.co.uk it's free for life and will be somewhat similar I guess. been using it for a few years

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
+1 for noddle. Been using it for ages now. Great free service.

DarenD

Best time to use Experian is when one of the cashback sites are doing a special offer. I usually get my file for a month and a free fiver. Always make sure you cancel though as they get their money back on the 2nd month with inflated fees. Also the call centre is in Indonesia so can be difficult talking to them direct.

Vitalija

Try Noodle.co.uk it's free for life and will be somewhat similar I guess. been using it for a few years

+1 for noddle. Been using it for ages now. Great free service.

Just tried them, got this message after applying.

"Sorry, we haven't been able to verify and validate your identity and can't provide your credit report.

We're sorry but unfortunately we're not able to provide you with access to your credit report as we've not been able to automatically verify and validate your identity. As your credit report contains such personal and important financial information we need to make sure that we only make it available to the right person.

We're unable to tell you the exact reason that we couldn't verify your identity but some of the most common reasons are a recent house move or name change, not being on the Electoral Roll or that the credit card details provided couldn't be verified, this could be due to the card being relatively new.

We regularly make updates to our processes and we hope that this will allow more people to be automatically matched so please do come back and try again."

BIB, i've been in the same house for over 20 years, I haven't changed my name, I am on the electoral roll, i've had the same credit card for 20 years, the card isn't new, in fact it expires in May.
Seems to me I qualify on every level, yet apparently I don't. Ah well.

towns

Noddle worked fine for me the other week, using a debit card and not a CC for verification, don't know if that makes any difference? The confirmation email did end up in my junk folder though

xox Godders xox

Sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs but you know you can get a statutory credit report from them for £2 right?

I've never used the premium services these agencies offer but I don't imagine they tell you much useful about maintaining a good credit record that you can't find out doing a bit of internet research.

Noodle looks interesting though.

xox Godders xox

Ah, I see Noddle is the new name for callcredit. Good that they offer a report for free.

If you're planning on applying for a big credit arrangement though (i.e. a mortgage) it's a good idea to get checks done by all 3 of the main credit reference agencies (experian, equifax and callcredit).

Also worth bearing in ind that the CRA's might tell you you're god's gift to lenders but it's still no guarantee of getting credit.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom