1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expensive sky +

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by davecrow27, Jul 6, 2005.

1. davecrow27

davecrow27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi could do with a bit of advice please.
    I share a house with a mate and we currently have the full package of sky with multi-room set up.He has a sky+ box downstairs and I have a normal sky box upstairs.I phoned sky today and told them that I would like sky+,they told me it would be £250 or £199 if I got sky+ 160.
    They said if I got another multi room package (which we dont need )it would be a lot cheeper.
    So for already having multi-room I am being peanalised.
    I was wondering if there is anyway around this or If I bought a sky+ box from ebay could I just plug it in and go or do I need it expertally installed.
    Many Thanks

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    You would need a second line run from the LNB but this isnt a very hard job to do yourself. Ebay tend to sell 2nd hand sky+ boxes for £100 and new boxes can be got for about £160 from installers (exc installation)

If you have read the forum there is comments about a £49 deal going if you phone the cancellation department but I dont know how this would work in your situation - at the end of the day you can phone them and see what they say.

3. davecrow27

davecrow27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that I will give them a try and if no joy I will have a look at installing a cable myself.
    Thanks again

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Why not take the new multiroom deal and once everything is installed cancel the previous multiroom (assuming it's completed the minimum term and billing between the two of you is not an issue).
    After all as an existing subscriber there no need to buy a second digibox since the SKY+ will replace the current one.

5. davecrow27

davecrow27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well I have managed to get them down to 99 quid fitted for sky plus so I havent done bad down from 249.I have gone for it ,the cheapest to buy seem around £100 and then I would have to fit it myself.They have told me its a new box also.
    Thanks for your help all

6. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199

how did you manage to get them down to that price?

7. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Prob because he already had multiroom!