Expedia price fluctuations?

True Romance

Distinguished Member
Been looking at booking a holiday on Expedia and its seems every time you get a price and go back to check another hotel or dates when you go back to the deal you just found its now changed in price! Sunday I got a price of £669 pp then on Monday it went to £881, last night it went down to £779 but then I increased the number of days by one to 9 nights instead of 8 and the price dropped to £629 :confused:?? So ok good price, go to the next screen to pick flights and the prices goes up to £700 pp? What the hell is going on with Expedia, is it just down to the rooms/flights being booked or are they tracking my searches and adjusting the price accordingly? Been a very frustrating few days and I still haven't booked the holiday yet :(.

Cliff

Distinguished Member
There are strong suspicions that Expedia and some airlines track you when looking at their website and adjust the price upwards if they think you will be booking.

I try to be careful with BA and KLM and not check every day on the same computer/ IP as I think they twig you are going to book eventually and play a game!

JayCee

Distinguished Member
There are strong suspicions that Expedia and some airlines track you when looking at their website and adjust the price upwards if they think you will be booking.

I try to be careful with BA and KLM and not check every day on the same computer/ IP as I think they twig you are going to book eventually and play a game!
+1 on this.
Me and my wife have both experienced this when pricing flights on Ryanair's website.

homer timpson

BA as well, probably all them to be honest.

Clear all your cookies before you start a search for flights/holidays - every time before you visit any of their websites to check prices in fact.

Homer

thudspud

Indeed, also had it happen with Thomson and Eurostar, searched so often that the prices went up and up, stopped running searches and the prices had gone down after trying again a few days later

rousetafarian

BA as well, probably all them to be honest.

Clear all your cookies before you start a search for flights/holidays - every time before you visit any of their websites to check prices in fact.

Homer
Sneaky little buggers

D

Deleted member 702178

Myself and my wife have been sure this is happening for some time. We even managed to prove it by using her laptop and then mine connected via vpn and got 2 different prices at the same time.

True Romance

Distinguished Member
Myself and my wife have been sure this is happening for some time. We even managed to prove it by using her laptop and then mine connected via vpn and got 2 different prices at the same time.
was that with expedia?

blackrod

I might be wrong but I am sure this was debunked? In any case surely it would be illegal and very easy to prove, the media would be all over it if true I'd have thought?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom