Expansion card problem

mike7

Distinguished Member
I just invested in a 1Tb expansion card now that the price has reduced on Amazon, and I had some outstanding money on a Gift Card. However when I had slotted the card in my X Box Series S it seemed to recognise it until I downloaded a few new games and transferred some from the internal memory. When I tried to play the games it threw up the message "We see your card but the connection is too weak to use". The recommendation was to re-insert the card. The problem remained. Eventually all was solved by the age old remedy of switching off the console at the mains supply and turning it back on again. Going to the Microsoft help service it recommends that if all fails you are to contact Seagate. They seem to be ducking any responsibility here. Just passing this on in case anyone hits the same problem.

mike7

Distinguished Member
Go back to Amazon rather than MS or Seagate. They would just replace it I would of thought.
So would I. Thankfully its been OK since. However it does pop up as a topic on the MS 'help' site so I'm probably not the only one to experience it.

grant666uk

So would I. Thankfully its been OK since. However it does pop up as a topic on the MS 'help' site so I'm probably not the only one to experience it.
Bought one last week. Did the same thing. Unplugged and re-plugged, Has not done it again.

apolloa

Distinguished Member
I just invested in a 1Tb expansion card now that the price has reduced on Amazon, and I had some outstanding money on a Gift Card. However when I had slotted the card in my X Box Series S it seemed to recognise it until I downloaded a few new games and transferred some from the internal memory. When I tried to play the games it threw up the message "We see your card but the connection is too weak to use". The recommendation was to re-insert the card. The problem remained. Eventually all was solved by the age old remedy of switching off the console at the mains supply and turning it back on again. Going to the Microsoft help service it recommends that if all fails you are to contact Seagate. They seem to be ducking any responsibility here. Just passing this on in case anyone hits the same problem.

Mine did that on my series X, but I just un-plugged it then re-plugged it in and it was fine and has been since. Better wording from Microsoft would be good for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom