Question Expanding from Sonos

Beks

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Complete newbie! Please help if you can. I have 2 x Play5s the Sonos Sub and a few Play1s. Where do you go from here? More Sonos? Two Fyne Audio 501? Anything else you could suggest? Sound quality is the lost important issue. I want to treat myself with a more speakers! They have changed my life :) Thanks!

I have a sonos system and a hifi system. I think there's a sonos amp now that is part of the sonos ecosystem, but requires passive speakers of your choice. Otherwise you can get a real amp and a port (i have an older connect).
The other option is just to not connect your actual hifi to your sonos. I did this for ages. Was fine.

I would point out, as someone with both, I love the sonos ecosystem and ease of use. It's great in the kitchen and hidden away in other rooms. However, if as stated, you're prepared to spend over £1k on speakers (and amplify them well) they should be head and shoulders over the Sonos. Mine certainly are.

I have a sonos system and a hifi system. I think there's a sonos amp now that is part of the sonos ecosystem, but requires passive speakers of your choice. Otherwise you can get a real amp and a port (i have an older connect).
The other option is just to not connect your actual hifi to your sonos. I did this for ages. Was fine.

I would point out, as someone with both, I love the sonos ecosystem and ease of use. It's great in the kitchen and hidden away in other rooms. However, if as stated, you're prepared to spend over £1k on speakers (and amplify them well) they should be head and shoulders over the Sonos. Mine certainly are.
Thank you very much for your reply, makes a lot of sense. I am happy to spend over £1k just wasn’t sure what to get. Any advise? I’ve budget £1.5k. Could I ask what you are using in addition to Sonos?

I have 2x sonon 3 as a stereo pair in the kitchen, 2x sonos 1 in the front room and my hifi in the tv room. Rega amp with neat motive sx2 speakers (too small for your room, i'd imagine!). A mate has sonos 5's in his kitchen, so i've experience with them too.

You need to give some idea of what you’re trying to achieve for a start.

This is the thing though. Is your budget just for speakers or do you need an amp and source as well?
I already had a hifi system, which i've slowly upgraded over the years and only started building up the sonos when we moved from a flat to a house, so was sort of the other way round from yourself.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom