1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Existin Naim and Sonus Faber stereo into AV

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers' started by funboy3, Feb 20, 2005.

1. funboy3

funboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would greatly value some advice as to what speakers to use for the rear effects channels. I will be using a Sonus Faber solo centre with my existing Electa Amator II's. As I am just starting I don't want to go over the top as it is my intention to end up with SF rears.

Any suggestions for the receiver would be appreciated as well. The dialogue is important to me and I want a subtle all encompassing approach rather than an impressive sound. It must have pre-outs as I will be using my Naim 52/135 combo for the L&R channels.

Thank you in advance

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I'm not sure what you're asking speakerwise - if you are looking for something cheap and cheerful pending a change to SF rears I would suggest either a pair of M&K K4 tripole rears or else something from the Mission range.

Neither will be an exact tonal match but that shouldn't be too much of a problem with films although it won't sound as good if you are a serious listener of multi channel music.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I think this is a continuation of funboy3's thread in the integrated section...I've suggested he might want to look at the wall mounted Sonus fabers as a means of maintaining the overall sound,and to some extent the quality as well.....the receiver angle has also been covered there.

4. funboy3

funboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Yes I do intend to get the SF rears in a while but can't afford the centre, processing/receiver all in one go.

What about a HK amp - are they worth considering?

5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674

Ok....I think we all see what you have in mind,but i also think we're all trying to save you money in the long term...it's worth considering a slower upgrade path to the things you eventually want,or even considering the used/ex-dem route which can be well worthwhile on decent gear.

All those issues aside,the HK amps are pretty well specc'd and pretty well made...I personally don't like them against certain other makes,but this is only my opinion,and you could certainly add them to your list.