Exercise regime for a lazy herbert

Setenza

Recently I asked the collective intelligence known as the the AVForum, regarding nutritional eating and increasing my BMI.

I was advised, nay instructed, to consume large quantities of junk food!

Well it worked.

I have gained a stone and now have a spare tyre round my middle. For a man who is generally slim, I look like a scarecrow with a rubber ring round his middle.

Seriously, I'm tired of comfort eating and drinking excessively (Yes, I know it's difficult to comprehend, but it costs too much and I'm just doing a lot of it just out of habit).

So I've embarked on a bit of a health plan this week. I've got my dietary needs sorted. What I need to do now is sort out an exercise regime. I want to burn off the spare tyre and build my upper body, marginally. I'm in good shape from the waist down, doing lot's of walking and being a phenomenal lover etc.

I hate gyms so don't bother mentioning it. Hate the whole culture and mindset and look crap in spandex.

I also find the whole concept of exercise somewhat boring, but appreciate that something needs to be done. I realistically feel I can give up 15-20 minutes each night. I have access to some weights, but haven't a clue what their specific details are.

Should I be doing sit up, or press ups or what? Should I hang upside down from the basement light fitting?

I would really appreciate some "sensible" advise that is practical and relevant. I do stick to things once I've decided to do them. I'm into positive affirmation at the moment.

Cheers,

XoD.

Setenza

I have access to one actually, but that's not really what I'm after.

I know they're fun, but it will end up diverting me from what I want to achieve.

I'd rather do something a little more tangible.

Steven

Senior Moderator
I have never, ever worn spandex in my entire life. Nothing wrong with t-shirt and shorts for the gym (I can show off my great legs anyway). Don't get what you mean by culture. Never used a p.trainer in my life. I do my own thing and ignore others and they ignore me

Setenza

I have never, ever worn spandex in my entire life. Nothing wrong with t-shirt and shorts for the gym (I can show off my great legs anyway). Don't get what you mean by culture. Never used a p.trainer in my life. I do my own thing and ignore others and they ignore me

Excellent. I am pleased that you are "keeping it real" down the gym.

But what specific exercises should I do?

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom