1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exemplary dealer experience

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bernard Barnett, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Bernard Barnett

Bernard Barnett

May 16, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ten days before Christmas my house was burgled and needless to say most of my av/hifi kit was stolen. Desperate to avoid being bereft over the holidays I contacted MAW, who I've always regarded as one of the most knowledgeable and painstakingly helpful members of these forums. I'd been impressed by his advocacy of the Pioneer MXE and asked if he could get one, plus associated bits, in time for Christmas. Sure enough an MXE and an iScan HD arrived a few days later and I started setting them up. Being new to scaling I made a pig's ear of it and appealed again to MAW. He made the 50-mile trip to my home on Christmas Eve (!) and sorted everything out. He's since been out again to correct some minor niggles I couldn't resolve. I was pleased to be able to make his jaw drop by giving him a d-theater hidef demo.
    The sum of my experience is (1) the MXE is wonderful; I'm no football fan but it looks so good - via Freeview - that I've been glued to it, and even my other half, who's a TV snob, remarked "that screen is very seductive"; (2) MAW is the dealer/installer par excellence and gives a premium service at competitive prices. I can't recommend him too highly.