Exclusive: Spielberg "Big Supporter" of Blu-ray; Future HD DVD Releases Still Uncerta

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOXCLOSE

Speaking exclusively with High-Def Digest, Levy confirmed Spielberg's active support of Blu-ray with the selection of 'Close Encounters' for his next-gen debut.

"It was important to Steven that if any of his films were to be released [first] on high-definition, that it would be a classic," said Levy. "Steven is big supporter of Blu-ray, and chose 'Close Encounters' to be the first of his films on either format."

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...ay_Future_HD_DVD_Releases_Still_Uncertain/878

Adam_uk

But no other released confirmed, no other releases this year at all.

Who cares, this is a bit of spin, which I'm sure many fan boys- such as yourself- will take to mean all this films will only be on BD.

I do have a question though. As Jurassic Park is a Uni film and the Director wants it BD only- does he have creative control that would allow that?

DrPepper

Levy went on emphasize that beyond 'Close Encounters,' Spielberg has no other films in the high-def pipeline on either format. "At this moment, there are no plans for something further [on either format]. Anything in the future will be decided on a title-by-title basis. There certainly won't be more titles in 2007."

FOXCLOSE

But no other released confirmed, no other releases this year at all.

Who cares, this is a bit of spin, which I'm sure many fan boys- such as yourself- will take to mean all this films will only be on BD.

I do have a question though. As Jurassic Park is a Uni film and the Director wants it BD only- does he have creative control that would allow that?

It's NOT spin. There might be no other releases, but it confirms Steven choose or gave permission for Close Encounters to be BD release. :)

(I also can't believe you calling me a Fanboy, giving me nothing but jabs in a lot of threads!)

Adam_uk

It is clearly spin.

The BD boys crap themselves over what has happened and suddenly this comes out.

It's ok boys- the Big S loves BD (err why would he) and its not certian that ANY of his films will EVER be on HD DVD, despite the fact that the two main studios he has worked with/ for own his big hitters he ONLY wants them on BD.

Sure its not spin.

While I've never seen close encounters I cant say the prospect of this film has any effect on me- it certianly wont be going in my BD player.

Adam_uk

If you take it as an insult its your call- clearly you are a Fan Boy though.

Do you deny this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom