• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Exchange UE46F8000 for Similar Spec in Currys

Jabobs1983

Novice Member
Hi all,

I'm after some advice on what you think a similar specification to a Samsung UE46F8000 would be. I bought the TV from Currys for £1300 about 18 months ago with a 5 year warranty. It went back to Currys for repair for dead pixels 2 months ago.....to cut a long story short, they did extensive damage to set twice whilst repairing it and I complained. The manager of the store has agreed to let me exchange the TV for a similar spec. I take this to mean an exchange for a current generation Samsung TV that is as close to top end as the F8000 was. Opinions on what I should be looking at replacing it with are welcome.

peter-d-w

Hi all,

I'm after some advice on what you think a similar specification to a Samsung UE46F8000 would be. I bought the TV from Currys for £1300 about 18 months ago with a 5 year warranty. It went back to Currys for repair for dead pixels 2 months ago.....to cut a long story short, they did extensive damage to set twice whilst repairing it and I complained. The manager of the store has agreed to let me exchange the TV for a similar spec. I take this to mean an exchange for a current generation Samsung TV that is as close to top end as the F8000 was. Opinions on what I should be looking at replacing it with are welcome.
The Panasonic TX-50CX802B is a similar price to what you paid. I think you would be justified in asking for that.

Jabobs1983

Novice Member
Thanks for the info Peter. I ended up getting equivalent value and putting some extra cash towards a UE55JS9000 and It should be delivered this week. Hopefully it lives up to the reviews!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom