Exchange PX60 for a PX70 ?

D

dmlpanny

To exchange my broken 42PX60PED complete with magenta lines which was in the sale, with a 42PX70PED for another £300.

Deal or No Deal

pjskel

Need more info.
Who, what, where, when.
Are they offering a credit note or a refund?
Have they said this is a good faith gesture?
Is this after a lot of aggro and hassle or were they on the ball from the off?

D

dmlpanny

Need more info.
Who, what, where, when.
Are they offering a credit note or a refund?
Have they said this is a good faith gesture?
Is this after a lot of aggro and hassle or were they on the ball from the off?

A B & O dealer in Folkestone, no offer of refund or credit note. Yes they have said its as a good faith deal.

Didnt want to know but offered me a 37PX70 first but I want a 42" not a 37"

CJ90000

To exchange my broken 42PX60PED complete with magenta lines which was in the sale, with a 42PX70PED for another £300.

Deal or No Deal

how long have you had it?

yetanotherbob

Ask for a full refund and buy your px70 where you want to at the best price

Bob

CJ90000

yep full refund at the very least.

deanos

If you have had it 2 weeks you are entitled to a full refund, if they try and fob you off with a credit note then dont accept it unless you want to.

deanos

Maybe take a printout of those prices and see if they do a deal if you want to stay with them, but its a lot of money extra to pay, Dixons are the cheapest £1038 using £50 voucher and if you go through Quidco another £31 cashback

pjskel

Tell them (round the corner or not, best buddies or not) to take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut.
Not your problem what they do with a faulty item - sale of goods act says so.
Clue yourself up on it, and don't take no for an answer.
Since they've tried this on once already after only 2 weeks, then they are not deserving of your money, so give someone else it instead, who is.
Any other independents nearby - check yellow pages or yell.com and give them the business.

I'm very surprised to hear it's a store with a B&O franchise that's acted this way.

M

Mister-E

A GOOD FAITH DEAL - people like this make me sick! Get your money back which under UK law you are 100% entitled too and buy it elsewhere. These people are not mates and they are looking at you like a mark! You would not let me walk into your home push past your family, boot the pet out of the way and take a wad of cash from your cup in the kitchen and say thanks see you later! Get your money back and settle for nothing else :)

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom