1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exchange nightmare !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jac, Mar 9, 2003.

1. jac

jac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the problem is this

Ive got a jvc 32x25 tv which an engineer has said has a purity problem. Bottom left corner has 2 inch stain which can be seen on certain colours.

Sound and vision ,Bolton have said i can exchange it for another tv.

I would get another 32x25 100hz but the processing lets it down on fast moving scenes and when its switched off it looks blurry.

After searching this site i just dont know what to exchange it for.

I was thinking of Toshiba 32zd26 but after seeing it in the shops in any mode , the picture looked crap, all text had jagged edges and the picture looked very grainy and blocky. I know they are all linked to the same signal but every shop i tried this set was pretty bad. The wife doesnt like the cabinet either so i think thats off the list.

next comes the sony fx66 , now we both like the look of this set but it seems sonys come with an annoying buzz.

the phillips p+ sets are off the list , their processing has more faults than my jvc.

anyone out there got a 100hz nicam 32 inch set that they can recommend with a good picture and processing.

thanks jac

2. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    [QUOTEnext comes the sony fx66 , now we both like the look of this set but it seems sonys come with an annoying buzz.

[/B][/QUOTE]

you have answered your own question i think by the way i have one of the the NON buzzing sony fx66 and think it is a good tv.

hth

regards

Tom Barr.

3. topmba

topmba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Which stand would you get with the fx66, closed (1 shelf) or open (2 shelves?).

I think the ZD stand is great. A lot less dusting to do and it hides all ugly cables and extension leads from view.

Also the ZD has the Hz setting and the fx66 is stuck in 100Hz.:boring: If you want to check the pic quality of the tosh look at a ZT digital picture. It shows what it can do with a digital signal.

4. jac

jac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tombarr

thanks for reply. it seems if we opted for the fx66 it would be 50/50 that it buzzed and would also have to be exchanged.

topmba

i like the two shelf stands as i need to put a centre speaker on top of my dvd player. they are 7 inches high, it seems a bit tight in the toshiba cabinet. could you tell me how high the two shelves are please?

I have not seen the toshiba with a digital signal yet . I'll have a look for it.

thanks jac