1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excellent retail experience

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by litkid_2000, Oct 15, 2004.

1. litkid_2000

litkid_2000
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a JVC LT-26C31S last night from House of Fraser, Glasgow. Got it for £1169.99 which was a good bit cheaper than a few other places.

Got it on a Frasercard- pretty good deal: if the tv price drops in 90 days then I get the difference back. Im gonna go in at Christmas to check the price and get some cash back!

Suprisingly the sales assistant really knew his stuff- better than the John Lewis and Comet guys whose sales pitch is "its a good TV". Knew the pixel resolution and brightness. I had been researching this TV for a while, so I knew- was just testing him! John Lewis and Comet didnt have a clue.

Just it seems that some folk in here swear by John Lewis- get the bigger picture guys!

:smashin:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    @Its just for the JL price match and 5 year gaurentee... included...

3. litkid_2000

litkid_2000
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I tried to 'Price Match' Total Digital for a PD30 at JL Glasgow. They wouldnt because Total Digital would not ship to Glasgow. :rolleyes: I sorta lost it with them at that point.

Suppose the 5 yr warranty is more comforting, but not too fussed with an LCD- a year warranty is sufficent. Look at the size of the unit: there is nothing to an LCD. Anything that might go wrong will be caught in the first year anyway.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i suggest you consider an extended waaranty as LCD PSU tuner and all other ancillary circuits are just as likely to fail as any other TV......