Excellent customer service from Monitor Audio

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by leo79, Dec 23, 2011.

1. leo79

leo79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +358
    My RSW-12 sub has been humming for a while with nothing connected to it, after establishing that it wasn't down to ground loop hum I got in contact with Monitor Audio.

5 Days later I've come back from work to find a nice heavy parcel with a brand new transformer and every possible combination of leads (for all the variations of RSW-12 sub, I'd imagine)

Thanks very much Monitor Audio, excellent service.

Another reason to start saving for a pair of A-10's.

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    Thankfully, as their products are generally so well made, I've never had to contact MA. Nice to know if I do need to though that it should go smoothly.

ps. Dont save for the A-10's, save for GX50's or GX100's....hehe....seriously....do it.

Although get a dedicated hifi power amp for them and use pre-outs from the 905 (assuming it has them)...so save for that too, recommend Musical Fidelity or Arcam FMJ range.

And then get.......ok, I'll stop now...hehe :)

3. Robothamster

Robothamster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,672
    Got a friend and fellow avf member that works at monitor audio, I'll let him know about this thread and your praises :)

4. leo79

leo79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +358
    I'd love to go for the GX50/GX100 but I'm limited to space and approval from my better half.

Interesting about using the pre out's on my 905 and getting a power amp, I was originally going to use the 905 whilst I save up for an integrated amp. Another topic in itself but what are the benefits of using the pre out's?

Please do, I've sent them another e-mail stating how pleased I've been with their service.

To have a new transformer sent to me within 5 days of enquiring about a humming sub which is at least 2 years out of it's warranty has made me a very happy man :thumbsup:

And the humming has now stopped.

Cheers

Leo

5. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    I bought a scond hand pair of MA B4s which had no spikes. I rang MA and they said give me your address and they will send them FOC!

I have 6 sets of MAs in my house - best quality I have had. I've had many makes over the years - Kef (probably worst), Tannoy, Wharfedale.