Question Excellent Battery Life, Excellent Camera & Good All Rounder Handset

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Peroni, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Peroni

Peroni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Hi,

I am off on a trip to Thailand and I am not a massive photographer and I don't want to lug around a camera so I am looking for an Android Handset with Excellent Battery Life, Excellent Camera & Good All Rounder.

I am not a big fan of the Samsung Galaxy range due the the curved glass. I have been looking at the LG G7 Thinq, Mate 10 Pro and the Huawei P20 Pro but I am open to suggestions.

Any one have any recommendations?

2. MarkyPancake

MarkyPancake
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,665
    The Pixel 2 XL might be what you need. Decent size battery and the infamous Pixel 2 camera for excellent captures.

You could also look at OnePlus' older phones, such as the 3T (get the Arnova ported Google Camera on it), 5 and 5T. Good size batteries and good shooters.

Overall though, for a phone camera, the Pixel 2 is tough to beat.

3. BM08

BM08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Pixel 2 XL, Huawei P20 Pro, IPhone X, Samsung galaxy S9 plus.

The best phones for picture quality but none of them are cheap though!

4. Dodgy_Geezer

Dodgy_Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Huawei P10 or Huawei Honor 9 which are basically the same phone (Honor 9 has no Leica branding). Camera's are fantastic and I'm getting 2 day battery life from mine with 5 hours on screen time. Fingerprint sensor is also the best, blazing fast and can be used to operate hte phone without on-screen buttons. Both are also dual SIM so useful for travelling.

You can pick up the Honor 9 for less than £300 and a P10 for a little more. I actually have a brand new and boxed spare Honor 9 which I've not yet gotten round to selling. Bought it for my wife and she liked it so much that she ended up getting the P10 Plus which is the same phone but with a bigger screen.

If you can stretch to a P20, it has better low light performance. One last thing, phones tend to be much cheaper in the Far East so you might want to buy it from there. Just make sure it works on all UK bands and frequencies.

Enjoy the trip to Thailand :smashin: