1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excellent 1TB HCPC/Media Server Deal!!

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Easy2BCheesy, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go to www.dell.co.uk, select home and select Shop by E-Value Code from the top-right.

Enter the following code 11111-D07517a

Change the warranty to one year collect and return. Change the hard disk configuration to 1TB (it's the bottom option). Select Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700 option and select the "no mouse" option beneath.

For £816, you get the following kit:

Dell Dimension 5100
    3.4GHz P4, 1mb cache
    1GB RAM
    128mb Radeon X300 SE
    2x500GB SATA Hard Disks
    DVD-RW
    Dell 5650 5.1 Speaker System
    Dell 17" Value TFT
    Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700

You can pay an extra £57 for the 19" Value TFT if you prefer.

By my reckoning you can sell off the TFT, LX700 and 5650 speaker package on Ebay for a total of £200 (£250 with the 19" option), giving you a near-silent 3.4GHz PC with 1GB RAM and 1TB of storage for £616... This PC uses a BTX mobo so is very, very quiet, plus the graphics card is passively cooled.

Alternatively you could keep the 500GB drives, stick in a £50 SATA drive, flog off the main unit for £400-£450 and basically get the two drives very cheaply. 500GB SATA drives currently retail for about £280 each...

Best hurry if interested as Dell e-value codes change very quickly once misprices are identified.

EDIT: Ooops - perhaps should have posted in the AV Hardware Bargain forum - can any one assist?

2. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for posting this.. Not interested in it myself but surely someone looking for a couple of high capacity drives will see the value in this Dell. The HD upgrade actually seems like a pricing error as 600 and 800 GB upgrades are dearer.

3. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dell occasionally make pricing errors and the only advice I would give to people interested in this offer is... put your order in NOW. It only takes Dell a day or two to notice the sudden rush of orders, and then it's corrected.

However, they do have an excellent record of honouring misprices like this one. In fact, the entire ordering process is automated so your machine is being built from within hours of the order being made.

4. iandrews

iandrews

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +298
    Did anyone order this. I looked this morning and adding the 1TB was still only £29 extra, however I have justed looked now and its £546 to upgrade to the 1TB disks. Should have ordered this morning when I first looked :mad:

5. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the risk of saying "I told you so"...

Dell often have misprices on their website but you really have to strike fast. Usually they last a day, sometimes just hours.

You really have to "go for it!".

I'm setting up a Dimension 5000 now for HCPC usage and it's virtually silent - this really would've been a superb buy.

6. tvr

tvr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    This coupon pc is still very good value compared to Dell's 'customize' section.

I specced up an identical PC as the coupon code above, and it came out at £1,192. The coupon pc is £771
    Both with one year collect/return warranty.

7. Baggy

Baggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    Thanks for the tip.
    I ordered one and it was delivered yesterday.
    I've spent today playing.
    As you've said a superb buy.