1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exact Audio Copy MP3 software

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Phil Durkin, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Phil Durkin

Phil Durkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anybody out there who has used this software to convert CD's into MP3 files. I have downloaded it along with 'Lame' executable files. Just how on earth do you work it? I managed to convert a track to MP3 but when you play it there is no sound. Have I missed some fundemantal operation.

Any help would be greatly recieved.

Phil

2. NaimBoy

NaimBoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Phil,

I had the same problem initially - I'd installed it all and run through the setup 'wizard', tested the CD drive etc... and then proceeded to rip a couple of CD's - lots of MP3 files but no sound....

I exited EAC and started it up again and voila.... it all worked fine.... looks like the 'wizard' does something strange ?

HTH,
    Mark

3. Phil Durkin

Phil Durkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark

Thanks for the reply

Your bob on mate, I did the same thing after putting the post on here, its currently ripping away as we speak. :laugh:

Have you figured out how to get it to put the CD artist and CD Title for each album then when you play the MP3 disc it displayed them??

Cheers

Phil

4. NaimBoy

NaimBoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil,

What are you using to play the MP3s ?

I'm using a Squeezebox which defaults to the file name you've given the track - go into EAC Options and select the Filename tab. You can then specify how EAC creates the file name...

Mine is set as follows :

%D\%C\%N. %T

which means EAC will create a sub-directory for the Artist (%D) and then within that a sub-directory for the CD Title(%C) and finally the filename will consist of the Track number (%N. ) and the Track title (%T).

So, if you wanted the Track artist as well you'd need to add %A - e.g.

"Joss Stone - I Had A Dream" would be "%A - %T"

Alternatively, if your playback device makes use of the CD-Text information then within EAC Options go to the Write tab and tick the middle option to 'Include artist in the CD-Text track title entry'.

HTH,
    Mark

5. Phil Durkin

Phil Durkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark

I am playing them in the car, I have an Alpine 9812 RW head unit & MP3 Changer.

When I have burnt to disc I will give it a go and see if anything is displayed (poss tomorrow)

I will try your instructions tomorrow regarding the EAC options and see what happens.

This is spooky I was ripping Joss Stones new album Mind Body & Soul which is an absolute cracker with some serious kick drumming.

Cheers Phil

6. NaimBoy

NaimBoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tell me about it.... I bought it the other day and I wasn't expecting that much bass !!!! (neither were the neighbours :nono: )

7. leven

leven
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1