EX77: Hi-speed HDD-->DVD. How?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ghibbett, Sep 13, 2007.

1. ghibbett

ghibbett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi All,

Quick question - how do I get my Panny EX77 to burn something off the HDD to the DVD at high speed? At present, if the film is 2hrs long it takes 2hrs to burn.....

Cheers, :thumbsup:

2. Hal_loe

Hal_loe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    You don't say alot about the recording you are trying to transfer, the unit will only high speed dub if it doesn't have to re-encode to fit.

So if film was recorded in XP mode it will not fit onto the DVD without re-encoding it to SP for example.

You have to use the appropriate record mode before recording.

Hope that helps.

3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,094
    As I recall, Panasonic have done away with the 'Record for High Speed Copy' setting on the UK EX77.
    In other words, [ as Hal_Loe points out ] provided the recording is less than a nominal 2 hours in SP mode [.. in practice about 2hrs 8 Mins ] then it will be possible to High Speed copy the recording.

To access it, use Advanced Copy via Functions / To others / Advanced Copy and in the Copy preparation screen change the copy mode from SP to to High Speed [ item 2 in the copy Screen]

Incidentally, if a recording is too long to fit, you can also choose the FR mode [ Flexible Record] in the same screen , to make it fit, although unavoidably, that process also requires real time.

4. Dazzle

Dazzle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Does that mean they are making it default for thier next models? Initially it was nice to have the choice, but in truth I nearly always transfer in High Speed Mode, for the convenience and like for like quality of transfer. I've also found a way of keeping the aspect ratio as widescreen which was an initial bugbear of High Speed Copying.

P.S. I've never quite timed it, but I think for every minute of video transferred at High Speed Copy it takes approx 6 seconds. Anyone want to advance on that?

5. mray

mray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Hi Dazzle.
    Can you tell me how you you manage to keep the 16.9 aspect ratio please? Is your machine an EX75?
    Thanks!:smashin:

6. ghibbett

ghibbett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks all :smashin:

I record everything in XP mode therefore I guess I can't hi-speed record. Oh well, doesn't really matter.

Cheers :thumbsup:

7. maldonian

maldonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    You should be able to, provide it will fit. You can copy just over an hour of XP material to a DVD.

8. SuperSeven

SuperSeven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Not if it won't fit on the blank disc without recoding. You could always divide the title and burn it over two discs, both at high speed.

9. Dazzle

Dazzle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I used TMPEnc MPEG Editor 2.0 too extract the files from the DVD-RAM and then it was recognised as 16:9 widescreen 720x480. If I played it back straight from the DVD-RAM disc in Windows Media Player it would say 4:3 720x576 in the properties window, and display it as such. PowerDVD used to play it back in Widescreen aslong as you double click the info file, and not the VRO file.

10. mray

mray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Thanks for your help! :smashin: