• EX750

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XE9005

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

kyrosz

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, i wanted to post here because im going to buy a tv, im doubtin between those 2 tvs around 1200 € here in spain, i saw pana ex780 (750 uk), personally in a store and has very good picture definition better than sony, bad angles but good if u are in front of the tv, sony better hdr cause of the brightness and fald, but i have seen in internet a video where local dimming is better in pana than sony:

but

here i see sony better, because of the bright i think... and in pana thread was posted those vids

where i think sony wins,0:38, 0:42, sony pana video ( colour body), or 0:46 1:50, more better details in the mountain,0:21 0:25, more natural skin colour,0:40 0:44, i think better detail in face and mountain...

and althoug many ppl says sony processor is very good this year, i dont think X1 ( not extreme) so not compatible with dolby vision is better than HCX2, ( if they fix the problem ive read it has of movement i think its, only in this processor ( oled and ex750).

I think the video of the local dimming is a little flawed because its viewed at an angle.

All VA type panels have awful viewing angles and you shouldn't be looking to buy a TV with that kind of panel if you are viewing to the side like that.

In particular though it makes models that are direct lit with FALD zones like the Sony look even worse. I should know, my Panasonic DX902's local dimming looks awful at an angle and that is a TV with 512 local dimming zones!

At the end of the day the Sony is the far superior model at the similar prices. Brighter with HDR, direct lit with at least some local dimming zones.

The Panasonic is a good TV, but not for someone who wants to experience good HDR, its has very limited peak brightness.

The problem is the Panasonic is about on par quality/feature wise with TVs that are a lot cheaper. If you do not need the HDR performance of the Sony XE9005 then you are better off looking at the models from Sony, Samsung or even Hisense in the mid range as they offer far better value for money than the Panasonic.

As for colour, well all of these TVs perform the same with SDR. TVs now even cheaper ones saturate the SDR colour gamut so no one TV once calibrated is going to look like it will have better colour than the next.

Once you get in to HDR though, the Sony XE9005 is going to be a lot better as it has a higher peak brightness, this means it can display a higher amount of colours across higher brightness details.

I wouldn't even worry about picture processing, its almost indistinguishable now from model to model with picture processing being good on even Hisense TVs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom