Ex Smoker Now Nicotine Free!

scooy78

Standard Member
Reaction score
I started smoking when I was 9 years old! Long story short, was my father was an alcoholic, and was kind of left to my own devices... Kind of made friends around my fathers local...

Anyway, that's how I began in to the horrible world of nicotine, and the other really bad carcinogenics, that's contained inside a cancer stick...

Fast forward 2 plus some decades... My partner at the time became pregnant, it was a shock... it was then I decided I would like to quit smoking for good...

I ordered a twin pack of those stick pens from eBay... and when I received them I went cold turkey Midnight one night in early December 2013.
The first two weeks was bad, palpitations, not able to sleep, and eventually coughing up a load of gunk from what I googled was from the lungs...
I found it rather expensive to buy the juice every time, plus replacing the coils...
So I learnt how to make my own coils, and also make my own juice, and saved quite a bit...

So I started originally at 24mg but woah, that was too much, so went down to 18mg...

Fast forward til the start of 2019!

Gradually over time I decreased my nicotine, which was easy due to me making my own juice, and using very helpful calculators.

For several months leading up to December 2018 I was making zero nicotine juice... then in January I stopped altogether... I still had juice, and I still had working devices...

It was then I realised I was totally free of not only Nicotine, I was also free of the Hand To Mouth Movement that stops any long term smoker from quitting.

So just a message to anyone who's thinking of stopping smoking...

You can do it!

I'm approaching 6 years now as a non smoker!

Don't listen to the horror stories you hear or read in the news, they are merely fabricated by the tobacco company, as vaping is a really big threat to the industry.

As many are probably aware, TDP came into affect many years ago, yet you still see vaping advertised... That's cuz they are Tobacco companies advertising!Quit nicotine, Don't fund the tobacco companies anymore!

I started smoking when I was 9 years old! Long story short, was my father was an alcoholic, and was kind of left to my own devices... Kind of made friends around my fathers local...

Anyway, that's how I began in to the horrible world of nicotine, and the other really bad carcinogenics, that's contained inside a cancer stick...

Fast forward 2 plus some decades... My partner at the time became pregnant, it was a shock... it was then I decided I would like to quit smoking for good...

I ordered a twin pack of those stick pens from eBay... and when I received them I went cold turkey Midnight one night in early December 2013.
The first two weeks was bad, palpitations, not able to sleep, and eventually coughing up a load of gunk from what I googled was from the lungs...
I found it rather expensive to buy the juice every time, plus replacing the coils...
So I learnt how to make my own coils, and also make my own juice, and saved quite a bit...

So I started originally at 24mg but woah, that was too much, so went down to 18mg...

Fast forward til the start of 2019!

Gradually over time I decreased my nicotine, which was easy due to me making my own juice, and using very helpful calculators.

For several months leading up to December 2018 I was making zero nicotine juice... then in January I stopped altogether... I still had juice, and I still had working devices...

It was then I realised I was totally free of not only Nicotine, I was also free of the Hand To Mouth Movement that stops any long term smoker from quitting.

So just a message to anyone who's thinking of stopping smoking...

You can do it!

I'm approaching 6 years now as a non smoker!

Don't listen to the horror stories you hear or read in the news, they are merely fabricated by the tobacco company, as vaping is a really big threat to the industry.

As many are probably aware, TDP came into affect many years ago, yet you still see vaping advertised... That's cuz they are Tobacco companies advertising!Quit nicotine, Don't fund the tobacco companies anymore!

Post of the month across all of the forums goes to you Sir, very informative, inspirational and congrats on the 6 year anniversary.

Well done sir! I am slightly behind you on this journey and am down to 3mg (adding 2 x 10ml nic to 100ml short fills) but only have 4 x 10ml nic shots left. was thinking of going zero nic after this, and stopping vaping altogether soon after. Hopefully the end of vaping becomes easier when you’re over the nicotine... I can’t say the need for a hand to mouth oral fixation device has diminished over the last 3 years though.

I just used Champix. 3 months on that and smoke free for 8 years now.

Congrats Fleaman101,

I'm guessing you buy the ready made juice, with space to add the nic shots.

You could make up two 10ml bottles One with just the juice, the other with juice with nicotine...

Try vaping it for 24 hours, If you find you're drinking the juice (It's going down a lot quicker) I'd say you're not quite free of nicotine as you still crave it...

Or if you want to challenge yourself, get a partner, or mate to make up two bottles, as above, one contains juice with nicotine, the other contains just juice. Only the person who made the bottles can mark both!

It's called the placebo effect. You wouldn't know which one contains nicotine and which one doesn't...

Once you stop craving the need to vape that's when you're truely broken free!

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
very well done!
I quit 13th jan 2018 so getting closer to 2 years had smoked since 13 so 33 years, tried stopping numerous times vape etc, in the end I used a nicorette spray which despite working well was really hard to wean off but I managed eventually, finding it easier now but still crave one every now and again!

very well done!
I quit 13th jan 2018 so getting closer to 2 years had smoked since 13 so 33 years, tried stopping numerous times vape etc, in the end I used a nicorette spray which despite working well was really hard to wean off but I managed eventually, finding it easier now but still crave one every now and again!

Well done BusterBenny2001,

The only problem with nicorette stuff, apparently it has a lot more nicotine than it states... Personally, I never touched any of the nicorette stuff...

However I did order a quit smoking calendar which allowed me to count down, with the use of stickers!

I was smoking for 26 Years!

Keep it up and you will be free eventually...

Well done SystemDemon,

I've never heard of champix
Thanks.

It's prescribed by the doctors. You take it while you are still smoking and then the 2nd week you double the does and choose a day to quit.

It's still not easy but I think its the only way we could of done it (wife as well).

I gave up 5years ago on retirement. Decided it was a non essential expense.
i just picked a day and quit. I didnt want to get into gum or vaping as that would be something else to give up.
Anything that helps you quit is good. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom