1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex-Dem Speakers? Good Buy?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mark Ward, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I guess the real question I'm asking is do the drivers ever wear out?

I've found an HT store with an Ex-Dem Kef Ref 100 for Centre £165 and a pair of Ex-Dem Kef TDM 34DS surrounds for £365.

I was thinking this may be a money saving upgrade route for me. The thing is this is a pretty busy HT store and they would have had a LOT of use.

Currently using all Kef Q's in 5.1 (55.1 Front, 95.1C, 15.1 Rears).

I'm pretty sure the speaker will fit with and improve my current set up and that should leave me enough money tosearch for some Kef Refs ex-dem or on a deal.

As far as the Refs go I've a feeling in my 24ft X 14ft HT room (Sitting across the room) that some One-Two refs would be ample. I've seen 5* reviews for the one-twos and the three-twos. Are the two-twos as good?

I hope to buy the surrounds & centre very soon so any opinions?

Thanks,

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +892
    The drivers can wear out, but as long as you can get the dealer to replace them free of charge you shouldnt have any problems.

If they wont give any sort of guarantee/warranty then, personally, I wouldnt buy them but thats my opinion.

I´ve just had one of the drivers blow on my Kef THX dipoles, quick phonecall to the dealer and hes sending one out to me FOC.

My dipoles had been used for demos for a while before I bought them. The price your paying for the dipoles is pretty good. I paid about 450 for mine.

cheers