1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex-"Beatle" George Harrison Passes Away

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Nov 30, 2001.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Morning,

It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that the superb musician George Harrison passed away, this morning (around 8.30am GMT on 30th Nov 2001).

He lost his battle to Cancer. His family were with him when he passed on.

I'm sure that everyone here, wishes the family, friends and relatives of Mr Harrison, the very best in this most difficult of times. He will be sorely missed.

Apart from being a musician, Mr Harrison also played a part in getting the British film company "Handmade Films" up-and-running. The name may not mean too much to some of you, but without them, there may never have been anyone willing to release hits like John Cleese's "Clockwise"; The Beatles "Yellow Submarine", or "Withnail And I".

My condolences, too, to Mr Harrison's wife and children. We will never forget this man.

Pooch

2. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, a great shame, although given the extent of the cancer, not a great surprise.

think I'll give Cloud Nine a spin when I get home tonight.

3. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A great artist and a modest and humane man. He gave the British film industry a much needed shot in the arm during the 80's.

He'll be missed, but fondly remembered.