1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evolution 46 Inch For £3k - NICE!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Carl_Docklands, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Carl_Docklands

Carl_Docklands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I popped into Plasmania today and amongst other things spotted that they are now stocking a 46inch unit from a no name far eastern manufacturer.

I thought it was a 50inch unit to start with and i thought the picture quality was excellent (running r2 monsters inc).

The best news though was the price, 3100 inc vat !

Anyone else got any opinions on this panel as i havent seen it reviewed in home cinema choice. I fancy picking one of these babys up myself but im not sure if they are as good as they look.

URL in interested is www.evolution.tv

I checked out the Fujitsu and Pioneer panels and the sony panels. I was a little un-impressed to be honest for the money especially the sony. The 50inch Fujitsu was impressive for its size but i think its a little too expensive for the extra inches.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try playing a film like Braveheart, LOTR, Fifth Element.

Any display will look good with CGI (for example, Monsters Inc still looks good on my RPTV if I slightly off-converge it)

You need to try out filmic looking DVD's to test them.

3. lab

lab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Carl

I haven`t seen one of these screens ( I already have panny 50) however 46" is unusual size for a plasma.I have noticed a plasma for sale on ebay that matches the specs of this one i.e resolution,contrast ratio,it sells for about 2600/2700 incl vat.Might be worth you checking it out.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    I have seen two 46" plasma displays from two Taiwanese manufacturers. They were both poor. Poor colour, poor contrast, poor de-interlacing and scaling, banding.....poor.

Gordon

5. Carl_Docklands

Carl_Docklands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0