• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Evoke 3, Evoke 2XT or another?

emptage

I am planning on buying a DAB radio and can't decide between Evoke 3, a 2XT or another. It will mainly be used in the kitchen with occasional use in other rooms. Listening mostly to speech plus folk / light rock with occasional classical. The Evoke 3 seems heavy at 4kg. Neither has DAB+ capability. The best prices I have seen are £85 for the 2XT and £145 for the Evoke 3, both from Dixons. I have seen a number of comments about the Evoke 3 display being not very easy to read but it does have the advantage of being able to record radio. What do others think, what else should I be looking at. All comments gratefully received

ProfessorYaffle

The Evoke-3 wins hands-down. MP3 playback and a remote to the recording and you get your £65 worth of extras over the 2XT. The display is fine, especially the large time display and compares favouraby with others

iancalderbank

Standard Member
I had a box from another manufacturer, sound quality was poor, you could even hear mains hum on the speaker. on those grounds took it back for an immediate refund and swapped an evoke 2 - sound quality is great for a "portable".
as for 2 vs 3 can't help you, just decide if you need the extra features of the 3.

Ian

HMHB

Distinguished Member
There's the new Evoke Flow that's supposed to be good as well, but I don't think it has a remote control.

julian_1234

Standard Member
If you're still after an Evoke 3 then morgancomputers are selling factory reworked ones for £118.
I bought a reworked Evoke 2 from them a while ago and it was in perfect condition.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom