Evoke 1S menu structure? (Display blank)

jaen

I have a Pure Evoke 1s DAB radio.
It was working recently and has suddenly stopped working, perhaps due to a recent power cut.
I have a Powerpack inside and it is connected to the mains.
I have tried removing the Powerpack and disconnecting from the mains to force a reset, but this makes no difference.

Here is my problem.
The display on STANDBY ("off") is very dim but just about readable. It shows the time.
When I press standby to turn it ON the display goes black and is completely unreadable.

I need to turn it ON to see the menus, for example to force a factory reset or to increase the brightness of the display.
But immediately I turn it on the display goes black.
I also do not hear any radio when I turn it on - so the whole thing may be non-functional now.

But I thought I'd give it one last go before throwing it out. This radio has been a good friend.

Can anybody help by:
  • telling me how to force a reset when I can't see the menus?
  • telling me exactly how many clicks and of which buttons I have to press so as to increase the brightness of the display?
My theory is that I can increase the brightness of the display by using the menu - but since I can't see the menus, I can't increase the brightness. (A design fault here, surely?)

All help and advice welcome. Thank you.

larkone

Distinguished Member
Bit more info on this problem here

jaen

Bit more info on this problem here
Ah thank you. It looks as though this is a common problem and my radio is beyond my skills to repair. Thank you for responding.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom