budgieboy

Standard Member
Hi,
New to the forum and hoping for some guidance to help get me out of "stuck", not a walk through.
Also new to the investment of a decent TV. Not upgraded for 11yrs and it's a different world now in every aspect.
Did my research and went for the LG 55 G1 EVO.

TBH I'm struggling on the initial setup and really need to ask for help, been trying for 3-days.
First rigged the TV and Sonos Arc to it's correct output. Chose a recommended setup to get going, leaving off-piste options until later.
Had it working and time to do same with the Arc. That never went straight forward and believe that was the cause, but guessing.

The issue I have ( actually a few, but always a mistake to ask more than one at a time) is whatever I select, unable to select TV speakers only. Within 4-5seconds it reverts to Arc HDMI.
The Sonos Arc setup was not slick, WiFi connecting was a pain and ended on BT. Maybe a reset on that needed?

If anyone needs a forum I do, hence why I decided to join. Had a quick butchers through and it looks good.
Got a feeling I need another choice on startup for TV though. The "av forum" one was one of two choices and will use that next time.

Cheers.

next010

Distinguished Member
Hi,
New to the forum and hoping for some guidance to help get me out of "stuck", not a walk through.
Also new to the investment of a decent TV. Not upgraded for 11yrs and it's a different world now in every aspect.
Did my research and went for the LG 55 G1 EVO.

TBH I'm struggling on the initial setup and really need to ask for help, been trying for 3-days.
First rigged the TV and Sonos Arc to it's correct output. Chose a recommended setup to get going, leaving off-piste options until later.
Had it working and time to do same with the Arc. That never went straight forward and believe that was the cause, but guessing.

The issue I have ( actually a few, but always a mistake to ask more than one at a time) is whatever I select, unable to select TV speakers only. Within 4-5seconds it reverts to Arc HDMI.
The Sonos Arc setup was not slick, WiFi connecting was a pain and ended on BT. Maybe a reset on that needed?

If anyone needs a forum I do, hence why I decided to join. Had a quick butchers through and it looks good.
Got a feeling I need another choice on startup for TV though. The "av forum" one was one of two choices and will use that next time.

Cheers.

HDMI-ARC is not a universal standard, hardware makers implement it differently.

It could be with the Sonos active the TV will always default to HDMI-ARC output, you could try disabling simplink (HDMI-CEC) via general->devices->HDMI settings but that will mean the TV will lose control over devices so power on/off volume control will stop on the Sonos.

This is LG's online manual which may be of some help.

budgieboy

Standard Member
Thank's ^^^^^ the disabling of the (HDMI-CEC) has allowed the selection of TV Speakers alone.
Also really appreciate the link to the online manual which can only be a plus.
As always situated in Spain, bias is toward UK content and Sky box (no paid-sub box only) which keeps the other half more than happy with the four main stations. Complaint lodged earlier today, she lost control of changing channel on the Magic remote and had to use Sky remote. As she is easily pleased, that's something I can handle when I get that back for a quiet life.
Many thanks, moved forward a step, more to come for sure. This forum is going to be very useful.

danielchaparro

Novice Member
@next010
Thanks for the guidance on this issue.
I discovered this post after resolving the issue myself after a weekend of navigating the LG webOS 6 settings for an LG C1 OLED 4K HDTV.

For others experiencing the same issue, but requiring some visual aids and additional details, visit my post at

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom