• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Evo 3 or aelite 2?

2morex

Poor Yank needs some assistance. Has anyone compared the AE evo 3 with the aelite 2 or 3 and what are your opimions of each? Here in the States we can get a pair of evo 3s for < 400 bucks and the aelite 2 for @ 450. My guess is that the aelite 2 is better but unfortunely, have no dealer to visit to audition. Any advice would be appreciated greatly.

L

Lostinapc

the aelite 2 is a better speaker, however it is not a floorstander.
not sure how much better

2morex

stands or free stander does not concern me; overpowering or uncontroled bass from my tube (valve) amp/speaker combination does, which makes me lean toward the aelite. Thanks

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
I think the Aelite's will give you much tighter more controlled bass particulalrly froma valvle amplifier that will probbalt struggle to dleiver sufficient power the keep the Evo 3s under control.

2morex

Thanks for your input, that was my thought all along. I could biamp for some control but then again that's more dough! I have been leaning toward the aelite 2 for this reason and appreciate your advice. Nice "kit" you have, what we yanks would call a set up.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom