1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evil Dead 2 - Dead By Dawn - Complete Uncut THX Certified Special Edition

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dr.Rock, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Does anyone know about this? I saw it available as a USA-release, from Future Entertainment, and here is the link direct to the item.

Does the feature film have anything extra that the UK version doesn't have? I know the film was originally filmed and released as an R-rating in USA, the UK version only had a quick kick-in-the-head sequence removed for the BBFC to allow its release and the scene was reinstated in the more recent UK release. So now we have the same version released as an "R" in USA. But this version I've just now read about is released as "unrated". So what's extra that the R-rated and UK version is missing?

Thanks.

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    The latest UK release was passed completely uncut. There's no difference between that and the unrated US version

3. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I thought the UK version is same as USA's R-rated version. So why is the film now "unrated" if there's no extra gore/violence?

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    The film was edited for an R rating for its theatrical release in the states. For its UK theatrical release they submitted the complete film to the BBFC and it lost a couple of seconds (the head kick) which were then reinstated and passed when it was submitted for its latest DVD release in the UK which is identical to the US Anchor Bay THX release.

After it had its theatrical run in the states, all home vid releases were the uncut unrated version - the same as was originally submitted to the BBFC in all cases, though it only got through complete (over here) the last time.

If that makes sense.