• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

EVGA Precision X 4.0.0 Issues

Foster

Distinguished Member
I updated to this version but now it seems I can't add framerate to OSD, I've looked on the internet and can't find anything on it. Is anyone else having issues with adding framerate to the OSD?

Hooligaani

Showing framerate for me no problem.

EVGA.JPG

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Pinky Floyd said:
Is there a way to move the OSD around the screen? At the moment it overlays the bioshock infinite hud :(

Do you play the game with that on all the time?

Each to the own but I don't really like having all that rubbish in the corner all the time. I load FRAPS up and just have it running in the background. No counter until I want to look at a stutter. I also prefer just the frame counter compared to all the other stuff you get with other programs. Oh and I also make sure a screenshot hasn't got that in either.

Razor

Distinguished Member
Is there a way to move the OSD around the screen? At the moment it overlays the bioshock infinite hud :(

I would also like to know this and if it is possible to change the colour of the text.

Pinky Floyd

Do you play the game with that on all the time?

Each to the own but I don't really like having all that rubbish in the corner all the time. I load FRAPS up and just have it running in the background. No counter until I want to look at a stutter. I also prefer just the frame counter compared to all the other stuff you get with other programs. Oh and I also make sure a screenshot hasn't got that in either.

A lot of the time yeah, I run SLI so find the information quite valuable in relation to temps, GPU usage etc.

I appreciate that I could run all of that in a second monitor but it's nice to have it one one small portion of the screen rather than having multiple instances of GPU-Z etc open on the other monitor.

Foster

Distinguished Member
You set it to toggle you know?

SparkShot

I would also like to know this and if it is possible to change the colour of the text.

if the evga tool is anything like msi afterburner which it looks to be, there will be a overlay settings program listed in the start menu afterburner/evga program folder.

Razor

Distinguished Member
if the evga tool is anything like msi afterburner which it looks to be, there will be a overlay settings program listed in the start menu afterburner/evga program folder.

Sorry I meant afterburner, I only mentioned it here as they look very similar. I will give it a go.

Cheers mate :smashin:

Razor

Distinguished Member
Sparkshot - that worked mate, text is now white which is far better. :smashin: why the default is pink is beyond me.

Foster

Distinguished Member
I uninstalled and it still doesn't let me add FPS to the OSD :(

SparkShot

Sparkshot - that worked mate, text is now white which is far better. :smashin: why the default is pink is beyond me.

No problem:thumbsup:

They probably pick pink as is less likely to clash with the majority of pc games colour schemes.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Pinky Floyd said:
A lot of the time yeah, I run SLI so find the information quite valuable in relation to temps, GPU usage etc.

I appreciate that I could run all of that in a second monitor but it's nice to have it one one small portion of the screen rather than having multiple instances of GPU-Z etc open on the other monitor.

Like I say each to their own mate. Much prefer to play games without numbers crunching in the corner of it all the time. Only time I put it on is if I see visible slow down then its only to see where/why it might be happening and its only a button press away.

Razor

Distinguished Member
SparkShot said:
No problem:thumbsup:

They probably pick pink as is less likely to clash with the majority of pc games colour schemes.

That thought had crossed my mind.

Foster

Distinguished Member
It's ok guys I had a :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: (yes triple) moment, I didn't tick the ****ing box.

:suicide: :lease:

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I'll be playing BF4 with Fraps running like this. Adds to the difficulty :rotfl: Yes my paint skills are immense. You should see the concept art i did for a fictitious Mobile RPG game.....AWESOME!!

Fraps%20BF4.jpg

Awesome iphone game concept art in spoiler :)
iPhone%20Screenshot.PNG

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom