EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition HDMI not working

mambo1888

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HAs anyone experienced this issue? I just swapped out my 1080 for the 1070 , I ran DDU just to be safe. I cant get any signal from the HDMI port, cables are checked out, I have tried them using DVI and DP > HDMI adaters and they are working so I know the DP, DVI ports and the cables are all good, but plugging into the HDMI port and I get nothing.

Also I searched and seen that some people had to disable integrated GPU, but I have i7 3930K so no integrated graphics.

Any ideas?

Funnily enough I have an i7 3930k and a GTX 1070 (although a Zotac 1070 with the stock blower) but I've had no issues with the hdmi on either a TV or an HTC Vive although I can't think of anything I did with it to get it working. I'm not sure what to suggest, I know the 1070/1080 had issues with hdmi but I think that was just DP->hdmi?

From what ive read some people were having issues with the dp ports and some were having issues with integrated graphics conflicts. My 1080 hdmi works fine (also EVGA SC), not sure what could be causing it.

I tried clearing the CMOS and also tried a different PCIe slot but the problem was still there so its going back tomorrow :(

Are you getting any signal after DDU or during the process ?
this maybe something or nothing ,
when i upgraded my 970 to the 1070 , i had nothing but display problems with both my display port and HDMI port , with the 1070
i too had ran DDU a few times and was still getting problems i even RMA'd to back to scan where i bought it from so could do there usual tests and what nots
it came back , with no fault found , in the end i re-installed windows , and it has been fine ever since .
if you can be bothered it might worth installing windows again , to see if it sorts out the problem
i know it's a PIA to do that , but could be worth a long shot.

I only ran ddu once, I did reset the cmos and try another pcie slot too but the same problem but only with the hdmi port. Im not too fussed I would have installed windows on my storage drive to try it out if I had thought about it earlier but its all boxed up now so il just send it back. Not sure what amazons returns process id for gpu's first time ive bought one from them

I only ran ddu once, I did reset the cmos and try another pcie slot too but the same problem but only with the hdmi port. Im not too fussed I would have installed windows on my storage drive to try it out if I had thought about it earlier but its all boxed up now so il just send it back. Not sure what amazons returns process id for gpu's first time ive bought one from them
I know it's late , but for sake of an half hour it might be worth installing windows on your storage drive .
you don't even have to activate it . just a quick install , download the nvidia drives
and try it ,
are you returning it for a refund or a different card ?
if you get the problems with a different card , then you'll know it could be some daft configuration with windows , like is was with mine .
and yea i had problems with both of my PCIs slots too .

If I wasnt starting a new job tomorrow id have done it but im up at 5 and have 14-15 hour days for the next few weeks at least. Out of interest when u had your problems were you seeing the post screen? with just the hdmi cable in I dont even get the post screen.

If I wasnt starting a new job tomorrow id have done it but im up at 5 and have 14-15 hour days for the next few weeks at least. Out of interest when u had your problems were you seeing the post screen? with just the hdmi cable in I dont even get the post screen.
No post screen , all i got was debug code at the bottom of the screen and on my mobo .
it wasn't just with the hdmi cable it would be the same with the display cable too .

No post screen , all i got was debug code at the bottom of the screen and on my mobo .
it wasn't just with the hdmi cable it would be the same with the display cable too .
Cheers, I wasnt getting anything at all with the hdmi, if you were getting the debug code on screen I think that would at least turn the monitor on even if just momentarily. When I tried I had the no signal message on screen which never went away.

Amazon have already processed a replacement so il just stick with the rma. Thanks for all your help mate.

I know its too late, but did you update your mobo drivers?

I know its too late, but did you update your mobo drivers?
I done a clean install of windows a few days before I got my card and updated drivers, it was sent back to amazon today so il see what they say.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom