EVGA 750G Replacement 24pin ATX cable required - Confused!

ben38

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, help for someone who knows very little about PC's please.

My son has recently been given a EVGA 750G Supernova PSU but the ATX motherboard cable is missing and i'm confused by what i need to buy as a replacement. From what i understand it's a 24pin to 24pin connector and i'm hoping some sort of generic cable off amazon or eBay would suffice but finding one seems a lot trickier than i was hoping.

Would this do the trick:

I'm probably being stupid but could someone point me in the right direction please?

No, that’s no good. If you look at the connector on the PSU, it has two plugs side by side for the motherboard cable. I’ve looked around and can only find complete cable sets, costing about £90.00 a set!.

There’s one on EBay at the moment, if you’re quick....

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
PSUs have their own connector layouts, so it's unlikely you will find something generic that fits. I think the 750G is referred to as the G1 (1st gen). According to EVGA FAQ this uses a different power cable to all other EVGA cables. You need part number 100-cb-c123-b9. I cannot see any of these for sale.

No, that’s no good. If you look at the connector on the PSU, it has two plugs side by side for the motherboard cable. I’ve looked around and can only find complete cable sets, costing about £90.00 a set!.

There’s one on EBay at the moment, if you’re quick....

Ah ok great thanks, i'll go for this one.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
PSUs have their own connector layouts, so it's unlikely you will find something generic that fits. I think the 750G is referred to as the G1 (1st gen). According to EVGA FAQ this uses a different power cable to all other EVGA cables. You need part number 100-cb-c123-b9. I cannot see any of these for sale.

Thanks. Hopefully the one on eBay will do the trick.

Yeah - ignore my erroneous post, looks like I got the wrong PSU. Yours may well have a single cable connector like the one you originally mentioned.

So looks like i'm stuffed unless i can find a genuine G1 cable?

So looks like i'm stuffed unless i can find a genuine G1 cable?
Give EVGA a shout on Twitter or via their support page - EVGA Jake also - unfortunately they disbanded their UK support, last tweet being about a year ago which is a shame. BUT their support is usually pretty decent and may be able to help source one for you.

Another option - custom cable makers ;)
To The Wire Mods on Facebook did me a set of custom cables last week for my Corsair PSU and they replace the entire originals. I am sure Michael would be able to do you a single cable in plain black or any other colour of your choosing -
To The Wire - Mods - I recommend, but there are others, though their order books seem to be getting pretty full this time of year (probably due to all the new hardware - must be boom time for them at the moment!)
Configurator [EN] – CableMod EU Store - though they tend to be expensive IMO when the smaller guys are knocking out much the same for half the price I could get on Cablemod.

Give EVGA a shout on Twitter or via their support page - EVGA Jake also - unfortunately they disbanded their UK support, last tweet being about a year ago which is a shame. BUT their support is usually pretty decent and may be able to help source one for you.

Another option - custom cable makers ;)
To The Wire Mods on Facebook did me a set of custom cables last week for my Corsair PSU and they replace the entire originals. I am sure Michael would be able to do you a single cable in plain black or any other colour of your choosing -
To The Wire - Mods - I recommend, but there are others, though their order books seem to be getting pretty full this time of year (probably due to all the new hardware - must be boom time for them at the moment!)
Configurator [EN] – CableMod EU Store - though they tend to be expensive IMO when the smaller guys are knocking out much the same for half the price I could get on Cablemod.

Thanks i'll contact EVGA and go from there.

Thanks i'll contact EVGA and go from there.

Another company you get a custom cable at a decent price is Moddiy they take about 3 weeks to deliver though as they ship from Hong Kong

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom