Evesham Nav-Man 7000

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by doug_coull, Mar 10, 2006.

1. doug_coull

doug_coull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Folks,

Makro are offering this for £150 + VAT.

I'm tempted, but would very much appreciate any comments.

Many thanks.

Dougie.

2. doug_coull

doug_coull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well despite no replies I went ahead and bought one.

Big mistake !!!

It's only my opinion but I found the menu fiddley.

I was notified of upcoming speed camera as I was passing it.

A bit late :thumbsdow

Not sure if slow or inaccurate.

Mine had a faulty in car charger and the battery life is not too hot so really is needed.

I contacted their support via e-mail but it's a minimum of 48 hours between replies.

After 6 days I was getting nowhere and couldn't use the device, so took it back and got a refund.

Noticed a few Evesham products on the 'returns' shelf so guess I'm not the only one unhappy.

Bottom line for me was the lack of support and interest shown by Evesham.

Well that's my opinion for what it's worth and I hope this helps someone make a choice.

So now I'm looking around again for something not too expensive.

3. puppy

puppy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just bought a Navman icn320 and have been pretty happy with so far.

It does ony have 5 digit postcode search, but that is enough to bring up a list which you just scroll down to find the one you want.

The voice directions are clear and volume levels good, you can choose male or female voice. It feels tough and solid to handle and has a good size screen, which along with price was what attracted me to it. buttons are clear, large and easy to use so it's not a fiddly unit. Menus are also easy to follow.

You can store your frequently used destinations, but I don't see the point, 'cos if they are frequently used then your gonna know your way there anyway! However, useful if you want to programme in your route before travelling.

It goes right down to house number and as you drive along the street, the house numbers show up on the screen, which I thought was cool. This unit does not have speed camera warning, but I believe the nex model up in the range does.

Have only used it locally so far, but tomorrow I am trying it on a longer run to a place I've only visited once - this should give me a real measure of it's capability and practicality.

I got mine off the internet at http://www.thenavigationcompany.com for £149.99 inclusive VAT + £6.75 postage - Total £156.74, which was the cheapest I found on the internet. Ordered it about 3 pm on the Monday and it arrived at 12.30 pm the next day ready to go out of the box.