1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

evesham ebox and noise reduction

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mike261272, Apr 21, 2005.

1. mike261272

mike261272

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought the ebox on the back of reviews in PC magazines describing it as being anything from "almost silent" to "greatly reduced noise on its predecessor". Well, im not sure what they were reviewing but my one I had delivered a couple of days ago makes a heck of a noise out of the fans. admittedly the components are quiet, but in a silent room the wooshing sound of the air is really loud i think. So the question I have is can I replace the fans with silent fans given this is a custom designed shape box? I dont want to carry on like it is at the moment because for me it spoils the experience. If you can cool it, either via pipes or fans, which ones would people recommend, that they know fit in an ebox.

thanks

mike

2. Pup

Pup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike, I bought one a couple of months ago, same reason, PCW March 2005 stated "The cooling system has been adjusted to reduce noise...". I can't imagine what it was like before they did. Can't help with the cooling options I'm afraid, but you will soon get frustrated with silent moments in a movie when even your surround sound won't cover up the "distant hovercraft" effect that comes with an ebox.

If you have a moment, I would appreciate knowing if your box switches itself off after recording. Mine doesn't. So if you're away for a week, it stays on after the first recording until you get home. Mine also switches itself on for no apparent reason, so when I get in from work, or get up in the morning, it's mostly on, even if I've not been recording. They say it shouldn't, but haven't yet managed to stop it.