Everything you need before and after you buy a Zune!

djmetsandy

Novice Member
Ebay Seller's/Shops:-
  • sflyn68 (seller I used)...shop..click here...£143.84 including 4-6 business day postage for the car pack (plus Customs Tax probably).
  • SAABMAN1970...shop..click here...£205.98 including "other courier postage" for Zune (shouldnt be any Custom Tax as the Zune's are in London)...too expensive!
  • digigood...shop....click here...£179.98 including 1 business day postage (again within the UK, Brighton).
  • mp3directuk...shop...click here...Zune's are for Bid and not Buy it Now.
  • hutch1234uk...shop...click here...£169.98 for 1st class postage from Belfast (no Customs tax, I think).
  • gr-store...no shop but powerseller..click here...168.99 for seller's standard rate postage (no Customs tax, I think).
  • xbiteworld...shop...click here...£176.98 for 1 business day postage.

Websites:-
  • Best Priced Brands..click here...£169 including P&P for zune.
  • SonicBionic..click here....£167.78 including 2 business day postage (that is to my address, try yours!).

Picture Software:-
  • Irfan View 3.99...click here...This software will shrink and sharpen your large images down to the zune's 320x240 jpg format for free
  • Microsoft Image Resizer....click here....Just shrinks the images...not very good...(download starts when you click "click here").

Video Software:-
* there are a lot of software out there so I'll try bring you free ones..but will also show you software you can buy*
Purchase:-
  • Imtoo DVD to Zune Converter...this is the one I use at the moment..quality of video is ok...trial here..£14.76 to buy.
  • Imtoo Zune Video Converter..trial here...£14.76 to buy.
  • Imtoo Zune Converter Suite...trial here...£22.90 to buy.
  • Xilisoft DVD to Zune Converter...trial here...£14.76 to buy.
  • Xilisoft Zune Video Converter...trial here...£14.76 to buy.
  • Xilisoft Zune Converter Suite...trial here...£22.90 to buy.
  • PQ DVD TO Zune converter...trial here...£15.24 to buy.
  • PQ Zune video converter...trial here...£15.24 to buy.
  • PQ DVD to Zune Video Suite...trial here...£15.24 to buy.
  • Cucusoft DVD to Zune Converter...trial here...£15.24 to buy.
  • Cucusoft Zune Video Converter...trial here...£15.24 to buy.
  • Cucusoft Zune Video Converter + DVD to Zune Suite...trial here...£20.32 to buy.
  • Wondershare DVD to Zune Ripper...trial here...£20.32 to buy.
  • Wondershare Video to Zune Converter...trial here...£15.24 to buy.
  • Wondershare Zune Video Suite...trial here...£23.38 to buy.
  • dvdXsoft DVD to Zune Converter...trial here...£14.76 to buy.
  • Avex DVD to Zune Converter...trial here...£14.76 to buy.
  • Avex Zune Video Converter...trial here...£14.76 to buy.
  • Avex DVD to Zune Video Suite...trial here...£22.90 to buy.
  • WinAVI 3GP/MP4/PSP/iPod Video Converter...trial here...£12.68 to buy.
  • WinAVI Video Converter...trial here...£15.22 to buy.
  • WinAVI DVD Copy....trial here...£20.30 to buy.
  • TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress...trial here...£51.23 to buy...meant to be very good (better be for that price).
  • Nidesoft DVD to Zune Converter...trial here...£12.28 to buy.
  • MovieTaxi Zune Video Converter...trial here...£10.23 to buy.
  • AnyMP4 Media Converter 6.0...This software will be able to convert you *.vob files to *.wmv (it can do other conversions too!)...trial here...£15.35 to buy.
  • AoA DVD Ripper 5.0...supposably fast to rip, easy to use and the output file being igh quality...trial here...£17.73 to buy.
Free:-
  • DVD Shrink..This program will rip a dvd off a disc and convert to a *.vob file..you will need another program to convert to *.wmv..click here to download...
  • DVD Decrypter..Not used this program..think it is the same as DVD Shrink..click here to download...
  • Super..Software used to convert video files..can convert to *.wmv (if i remember correctly it says "experimental")..problem is the audio is converted to *.mp3 so the zune software will convert again..click here to download...
  • Videora Ipod Converter...This program has been said to work for Zune..If someone would like to test it and give me a shout, thanks....click here to download...
  • WinAVI Video Capture (Free for a limited time!)...not used this program but the idea of it is take take input devices such as video tapes, a web-cam, a TV card etc and put them into one *.avi file....click here to download...
  • Riva FLV Encoder....software for changing *.flv files to *.wmv, *.mpeg, *.mov and *.avi format...click here to download...
  • MMConvert...another converter...click here to download...
  • DirectShow Dump...for *.tivo to *.mpg conversion. Then use another program to convert to *.wmv or let zune software do it...click here to download...
  • Vdownloader 3.0...Used to download videos off of Youtube, google videos etc...click here to download...
  • Encode360...A video converter designed for Zune and the xbox360...i'm still testing this one...click here to download...

Video Conversion Websites:-
  • KeepVid...This website allows you to keep any video you want off a website such Google Videos, YouTube, Myspace and so on...click here for website...The problem that I have heard is it put video's into *.flv format, so you'll have to convert to *.wmv. But KeepVid gave me the choice to download my file as a *.flv,*.mp4 and *.avi. Took it as *.flv as a test. Used Super to convert it. Super wouldnt convert the file to *.wmv but would to *.mp4 which the zune software can convert. Transferred the 2Mb file to my zune. Took about 30 secs to convert and 1 sec to transfer. It works and good quality too!

Music Software:-
Purchase:-
  • SoundTaxi....use this software to remove any DRM over your music if you bought the songs from anywhere else than Zune Software...trial here...£7.58 to buy.
  • Tunebite...another program to remove DRM protection...trial here...£17.89 to buy.
  • MuvAudio 2.0...converts the audio of most audio/video files...good way to remove DRM...trial here...£9.73 to buy.
  • M4P Converter...Remove DRM off your purchased Itunes Media...turns *.m4p to *.mp3, *.wav, *.wmv, *.mp4, *.m4a, *.aac...trial here...£11.79 to buy.
  • JHymn...want to remove DRM for free?...then here's the software...click here to download...
  • Album Cover Art Downloader...If you have rip music off your zune to put on the PC it will transfer without the album art. Use this software to get album art back...takes a while but it works...message me if you need help with this...click here to download...

Music Conversion Websites:-
  • Audacity 1.2.4b...Used to take music off a site such as Myspace. This website will tell you where to get the software and how to use it...click here for website...

Multimedia Conversion:-
Websites:-
  • Zamzar...a website that can convert photo/video/document/music files to another format (example: obviously a *.doc file can not be converted to a *.mp3 file but a *.mp3 can be converted to *.wma file). The maximum size of the original file is 100Mb. The output file will be sent to you email address...click here for website...
Software:-
  • MediaJoin...Use this program to split or join your video files...click here to download...
  • Windows Media Encoder 9...covert media files into different files types...click here to download....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Majority of prices here have been converted to GBP for US dollars using Yahoo finance, therefore may be a little off*
*If you are hit by customs tax then I take no responsibility, ask sellers before buying!*

davee

Its hard being an early adopter :lesson:
Take an A for effort and enthusiasm :smashin:

kevH

Thats a fantastic source info list Dj :thumbsup: Could it be said (I may be wrong here) that your Zune fanboy !!!:D

hoosterw

Standard Member
This is really a contender for a Sticky!

:lease:

Keep it up I would say. One big cheer from me :clap:

bash

How are you guys charging your Zunes in the UK?

Thanks

davee

My Zune just updated itself with some new soft/firmware so its now Zune
Version 1.2.5511.0.
Anyone know what the difference is because they dont tell you :confused:

djmetsandy

Novice Member
My Zune just updated itself with some new soft/firmware so its now Zune
Version 1.2.5511.0.
Anyone know what the difference is because they dont tell you :confused:
from what i can work out it makes the zune react faster..liek when you quit a video it doesnt take as long to go back to menu!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett