1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...Everything to do with MCE and Xbox 360.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by elswarve, Oct 19, 2005.

1. elswarve

elswarve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    Ive recently pre ordered an XBOX 360 and now im seriously looking into the possibilities of Windows MCE. Im not that computer literate but not a 'dummie' so....
    I have a 28" JVC TV with JVC DVD player/surround sound system, plus the soon-to-be 360 connected to this TV and then i want a new laptop running MCE to be connected to the 360 via WiFi. (im looking at the Toshiba F10) I have SKY+ fed to my TV from the box in the living room downstairs and also have another feed from the second box we have downstairs too (2 box subscriprtion, 1 SKY+, 1 Standard SKY Digital)
    I want to be able to record/archive my SKY+ viewings on the MCE laptop and stream music to the XBOX for storage on there too.
    What do i need to do? Buy? How do i set it up? How much of a ball ache am i getting myself into? is it worth it? Will i then be able to access the MCE from the TV downstairs? How? GIVE ME THE LOWDOWN FELLAS! Im in the UK if that helps?! :lease:

2. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Bit of wide-ranging question mate!
    Better to do some research first, then ask any specific questions you have after reading the widely available info.

One point about your proposed set-up: you'll need an (s-video) cable from the SKY box to the MCE to use that as a picture source. This would tie your laptop down somewhat. The MCE would also not be able control both the Sky+ and the ordinary Sky box at the same time. The two tuners or connected devices must be identical.

3. elswarve

elswarve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers pal, ive been looking around the interweb all afternoon and got loads of info. I think its going to have to be a purchase of a solid unit for the living room and a normal laptop for my mobility requirements.
    :hiya: