...Everything to do with MCE and Xbox 360.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by elswarve, Oct 19, 2005.

1. elswarve

elswarve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    Ive recently pre ordered an XBOX 360 and now im seriously looking into the possibilities of Windows MCE. Im not that computer literate but not a 'dummie' so....
    I have a 28" JVC TV with JVC DVD player/surround sound system, plus the soon-to-be 360 connected to this TV and then i want a new laptop running MCE to be connected to the 360 via WiFi. (im looking at the Toshiba F10) I have SKY+ fed to my TV from the box in the living room downstairs and also have another feed from the second box we have downstairs too (2 box subscriprtion, 1 SKY+, 1 Standard SKY Digital)
    I want to be able to record/archive my SKY+ viewings on the MCE laptop and stream music to the XBOX for storage on there too.
    What do i need to do? Buy? How do i set it up? How much of a ball ache am i getting myself into? is it worth it? Will i then be able to access the MCE from the TV downstairs? How? GIVE ME THE LOWDOWN FELLAS! Im in the UK if that helps?! :lease:

2. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Bit of wide-ranging question mate!
    Better to do some research first, then ask any specific questions you have after reading the widely available info.

One point about your proposed set-up: you'll need an (s-video) cable from the SKY box to the MCE to use that as a picture source. This would tie your laptop down somewhat. The MCE would also not be able control both the Sky+ and the ordinary Sky box at the same time. The two tuners or connected devices must be identical.

3. elswarve

elswarve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers pal, ive been looking around the interweb all afternoon and got loads of info. I think its going to have to be a purchase of a solid unit for the living room and a normal laptop for my mobility requirements.
    :hiya: