1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything is out of stock - cheaper in Oct?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by wiseman, Sep 9, 2005.

1. wiseman

wiseman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I was going to take the LCD plunge, but I'm having trouble. Everything is out of stock. I don't know if it is the time of year or the fact that good quality HD screens are finally good value prices but its a joke.

There is also the fact that every week screens are getting cheaper. I saw the Samsung I wanted another 50 quid off today, (though still out of stock)

I'm thinking of waiting a month or two (I'm going on holiday anyway). Hopefully there will be stock, hopefully prices will have come down and perhaps even a few new models. We'll see.

2. jobseeker

jobseeker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    To be honest, I don't think I've known it be different from this in a long time. Prices continue to fall, stock not available, new model not necessarily better but more cheaply built, just bought one but now there's a better cheaper one. It's got like computer stuff and I don't think it's going to change.

3. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know, the best time to buy tellys is around easter time, as trade show start around then, and new models are launched at this time, so older models are reduced to get rid.

Dunno if this is helpful, but I agree with the previous post too!!!!

4. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Yes, but when new models get announced then we all start to think, Ooh, I think I'll wait for the new model, and on and on and on.....

5. bigriggers

bigriggers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Personally I'm going to wait until after Christmas (probably February).
    I'm itching to buy the popular 32" Sammy LCD, but as my main use will be the Xbox360 I thought it would be best to wait 'till after it is released.
    As you say, there may be a little more choice by then, and they'll certainly be cheaper.