Everything Everywhere All at Once Movie Review

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Cheers for that Mark. Very much on my to-do list but my next cinema visit will be a little known film starring Mr Cruise that I'm sure nobody on these forums is remotely interested in seeing...:D

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Was very much on board for this one, however I just couldn’t get on with it. I appreciated it’s bonkers nature but none of it connected emotionally.
6/10

Last edited:

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Watched this last night. Loved it.
Had some genuine ‘belly laugh’ moments. Great action too.

Plot is a bit complicated & moves along at a fast pace, so you do need to pay a lot more attention throughout than say your typical action/comedy movie.

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Thank you Mark. On my Disc Rental List

Kotatsu Neko

Looks pretty out there, which is a very good thing and Michelle Yeoh is always worth watching. Hopefully it'll hit streaming soon.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Entertaining film. Not really my thing but found it enjoyable anyway. 7.5/10

I can totally see why some people would love it.

zubeir

Looking forward to watching this, a breath of fresh air it seems. Will wait for it to appear on streaming, as the kids will probably outvote me on watching Dr Strange at the Cinema.

dBrowne

I can't imagine how they storyboarded this, let alone how it was greenlit. Still, I'm very grateful it was as I really enjoyed this. A worthy 9.

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
Watched this today based on the reviews, very surreal but an entertaining watch none the less, a solid 8 out of 10 for me.
Might give it another go in a few months as there's alot going on and I probably missed bits.

gavinhanly

Distinguished Member
Really enjoyed it, but definitely needed a good 15 minutes taken out of it, with some bits wrung a little too dry by the end. Still, well worth a watch - extremely inventive, very funny and the cast are all excellent.

r1chehUK

8/10 - Well that was a mind ****.

Took me a little while to get into, bit long overall and kinda suffered from the LOTR too many endings but damn I enjoyed it overall. Really well made, acted, great action and a nice heartfelt story with a lot of unexpected comedy thrown in.

Really recommend it.

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Didn't work for me, too much flashy, messy nonsense and the comedy wasn't all that funny. Also the idea that you can effectively download skills from an alternative reality version of yourself doesn't hold up. In The Matrix it made sense as the abilities downloaded to an artificial construct of yourself in a simulation, but in this the memory of being a great fighter wouldn't make you a great fighter in a body that's never been trained, no knuckle press-ups to harden those fists and weak muscles, especially in the little finger.. However in an alternative universe where people "hilariously" have hot dogs for fingers then I suppose anything is possible. Nice to see Short Round/Data again and some excellent editing and FX for the small budget but not for me. I prefer my alternative realities a la Fringe. 6/10

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Hated it.

A cacophany of noise and random nonsense, that got on my tits very early.

Short Round's voice quickly became a knife turning in my head.

No fanks.

Last edited:

kepha

Interesting to hear the disparity of reviews above. I’m personally in the love it camp, certainly one of the best films of the year for me.

TheViper101

9 or a 10 for me. Blew me away. Just heard some hype on twitter from people such as Edgar Wright and went in pretty much blind and just loved the inventiveness, the heart and how often it was so playful and joyful. Some of the places it went were just not possible in say a marvel movie. Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness would be a 6/10 in comparison.

zantarous

Distinguished Member
Saw this at the weekend and honestly I have no idea what to think, at some point the film just got too bonkers for me and I found it then became too difficult to follow. It looks beautiful, the acting is great, the story is pretty damn good too. I think I defiantly need to see it again but not sure I could recommend it to anyone as they would think I was having a laugh with them.

I can see why Jackie Chan decided to pass, I can imagine reading the script would have been head exploding.

millerlfc

Saw this earlier - brilliant, but I'm still processing parts of it!

A proper 'multiverse of madness' compared to Dr Strange 2 though (he has a ponytail in this universe! in this universe red means go and green means stop!)

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
It was too much for me as well. All the ingredients were there: production, costumes, make up, performances, family sentiment, imagination, score (loved the score); but it didn’t fully cohere.

There’s often a cathartic moment in many films, where time stands still and the protagonist realises what they have to do in order to overcome. That epiphany moment, that brings things full circle. Well in this film, that moment comes over and over and over again. In the end I was simply exhausted by it.

10/10 for effort though. Seriously.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG UltraGear Gaming Monitors get VESA certification
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony confirms UK pricing for A90K and A75K Bravia XR 4K OLED TVs
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
LG announces new CineBeam HU915QE 4K laser projector