Everyone is allowed an opinion but....

S

smallman28

who ever went to watch episode 2 and though it was good needs standing up against a wall and shooting!
What an earth is Lucas playing at?
What was the story,where was the plot,where was the acting,when Amidala was having the picnic with Anakin and went running across the fields I half expected the Sound of music to start playing.
As for the Yoda fight scene I have to admit I didnt look,as soon as he did his Matrix impression at the beginning and then swept back his robes in true cowboy fashion I closed my eyes till it was over.
Why was Coruscant made to look like it was taken out of Blade Runner and dont get me started on the scene where C3PO looses his head.
The best time I had was trying to work when Natalie Portmans nipples were showing or if it was just the seam on her costume.

Film 0/10
Natalie 10/10

Dont know if I can justify the admission fee for that though!

Well I thought it was brilliant despite it's obvious flaws.
I'm standing against the wall but you'll probably close you eyes before pulling the trigger, so I'm ok.

I also thought it was absolutely superb. I've seen it 4 times now and could happily watch it another 400 times (unless you shoot me first) :D

Line me up with Spectre and Groundy. I thought it was great, only thing I didn't like was C3P0

Slightly better than TPM. but some of the acting was still appalling. Ewan McGregor is down right embarrasing in some scenes. and that accent sounds totally forced and unconvincing.

I get the feeling that EM is trying very hard to sound like a young Alec Guinness. I agree it sounds a bit creaky.

The picnic scene reminded me a bit of Little House on The Prairie, and the love story had me alternately cringing and s******ing.

But, on the whole, I loved it. It's what I wanted from a Star Wars film. Now, I realise everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if yours is different to mine then you are wrong and you deserve to die.
:rolleyes:

I thought the guy who played Anakin was terrible - especialy the bit near the beginning juat after he picked up a flling Obi Wan and tells him he was delayed deciding which speeder to choose.

He seemed very wooden to me, and Ewan seems totaly miscast.

Better than TPM but still a long way to go to match the original trilogy - IMHO of course. :)

Gary.

I've always thought the english actor in 'The Talented Mr Ripley' (can't remember his name). Would have made a great, younger Obi Wan he also looks more like Alec Guinness then Ewan McGregor does.

Perhaps he WAS offered it and turned the part down.

Are you referring to Jude Law? If so, I think he would have been good in the part but maybe just a little too clean-cut.

Nah, Jude Law wouldn't have worked.
I thought the film was really good, except the bit where R2-D2 flies. When did he learn to fly? He can't fly in The Empire Strikes Back, when he really needs it in the swamp, so why can he fly earlier in the series? oh, some wise person give me a justifiable answer.:confused: :confused: :confused:

His memory was wiped (see earlier thread) and he forgot how to......

Sorry :D

Yeah thanks ninja. I suppose that gives me some kind of closure. But, you know, continuity counts...:(

Well I loved the film. Despite its flaws, it's Star Wars!

And Ms. Portman has fine nipples!:D

Essex boys stand together.

I loved it, made me feel like a kid again . It's a star wars film for gods sake. Not the kin bible.

STAND ME AGAINST THE WALL AND SHOOT ME
i have seen episode II 15 times and enjoy it more every time i see it,ok some bits are naff( c3po's pathetic one liners being the worst) but in the end it's still star wars and any true fan will forgive certain things
yoda fighting was just quality,now we see why he was the jedi master,my biggest complaint with the movie was jango fett's quick demise,surely the galaxy's most feared and respected bounty hunter could have lasted a bit longer against a jedi ?
roll on episode III

much to learn you still have

The first time I saw it, I hated it, (the crappy lines, the guy who wrote The Scorpion King helped lucas write it for christ sake)

The second time however I really enjoyed it. I forgave all those lines and just sat back and waited for the action sequences.

Lucas has a lot to cover now in Episode 3, I hope he does Anakin turning to the dark side well, he's gotta be come the most feared person in the galaxy, thats a lot for the whinny little girl we saw in Episode 2.

I just can't wait for the DVD.

Originally posted by slayerad2000
my biggest complaint with the movie was jango fett's quick demise,surely the galaxy's most feared and respected bounty hunter could have lasted a bit longer against a jedi ?

Maybe, but he had just been trampled by the horned monster, so was already a bit beaten up. Also, his rocket pack seemd to be broken in the trampling, it was sparking and smoking a bit. He might well have tried to fly out of Mace's way and realised that he couldn't, but by then it was too late.

unless the jango fett fighting was actually a clone and not the real one at all ?????

Could be - the cloning administrators said that Jango had requested a single identical clone for himself - all the others had been altered (can't remember the details...)

Gary

> Could be - the cloning administrators said that Jango had
> requested a single identical clone for himself - all the others
> had been altered (can't remember the details...)

That unaltered clone (ie with no growth acceleration) was Boba Fett, Jango's kid.

i liked thumbwars better!
:D

Just watched Empire agian the other day and thought it rather strange that Obi wan made out Yoda was the one who trained him. When did this happen? Not in TPM or in AOTC as hes fully trained by then. Whats gives?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom