Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

One of my favourite games from this generation. Some of the best music I've heard in any game.

It's a must buy.

Tempted to double dip if they improve things?, frame rate should improve anyway :)

I just completed this "game" and i have to say, this was the most beautifully aesthetic and sounding ambience game ive ever played even from big budget games.

This aint a game, of course, I would call it an interactive visual audio exploration narrative experience which needs a category naming of its own. As was Gone Home which I just completed prior to this one.

Ive heard many say its a simple story. Actually...NO. There is a lot of depth in the jigsaw narrative revealing a spiritual and moral complexity that intertwines with the bigger picture which in itself is not as simplistic as some dismissively thinks.

The sountrack is hands down the most beautiful, emotionally piercing and often haunting music i've enjoyed in a game. Outstanding.

The visual rendition of the village, woods, lakes and valleys is stunning, it is almost therapeutic but also a sense of loneliness seeps in as I progress due to the obvious titular scenario of the environment.

This is obviously not everyone's cup of tea but why should it be? Isnt it wonderful that our gaming consoles can be used for watching blu rays, streaming movies, and interactive experiences like this? Variety for everyone's tastes.

The voice acting performances are wonderful and exotically Shropshire! (Oh and one very key American).

Its all about ambience and exploring every cranny but one big flaw I realise that seems to be common with this genre is that its all too easy to completing every chapter and game prematurely robbing oneself of the richer narrative available. As there is no manual saving and no multiple saves feature, i felt i reached a chapter ending too soon and ended up replaying the whole game from start. Very frustrating. Only later did I figure subtle hints that a chapter end point is near.

Overall, this was a lovely, engrossing, haunting, heart rendering and memorable experience but sometimes a little frustrating with its exploration mechanism and non multiple save points.

8/10

So, this makes another ps plus game ticked off my library backlog.

What other games are out there of this nature and quality? Any more on Ps plus?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom