Everton Vs Liverpool Wed 4/2/09 ITV

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by 6022tivo, Feb 3, 2009.

1. 6022tivo

6022tivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi

The FA CUP reply is on ITV tomorrow night.
    DOes anyone know for sure if this is being broadcast in full HD on ITV Live??? (Red Button)

THe advert does not make it clear??

I may have to go out and buy a box to try it out??

2. 2scoops

2scoops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Yes it's on in HD at 8 tomorrow

3. 6022tivo

6022tivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Thank you for the HD confirmation..

So if I buy one of these...

Bush Black Freesat HD Digital Box. 532/1564

From Argos, does it come with a HDMI lead???

Also, does it still have the 16day or 21 day return??? Or is it a exempt product???

Thanks in advance.

4. pdoherty76

pdoherty76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70

Yes its definitely in HD. I have already watched several HD matches on ITV and the quality is usually excellent.

There are many more matches to come including England vs Spain, man Utd vs inter milan and others. A very good time to invest in a freesat box.

I have a thread running with updated football matches coming up.

5. pdoherty76

pdoherty76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    The bush box only comes with a scart lead but you can get a HDMI lead in argos for about a fiver. They work just as well as the 99 quid HDMI cables so dont get taken in by people trying to sell you expensive ones.

It is not exempt as far as I am aware. I returned mine after 22 days without the box and they accepted it because I said it was faulty.(I only returned it because I found a cheaper deal in empire direct, unfortunately they have now gone bust)

You might get a better deal on the bush box if you look around.

Try

Join Freesat

6. pdoherty76

pdoherty76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Is anybody watching this now? Picture quality is the best ive seen so far, unusual for a floodlit match.

7. 6022tivo

6022tivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi

I brought a Bush HD box today to try the service out (It is going back tomorrow)..

The HD Picture quality from ITVHD was great. Really noticed the difference and it was class..

However, the only other HD channel I could find was BBCHD which was showing dross..

The menus and guide was so slow and poor, and the SD quality was shocking...

8. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Yes if you are new to ITV on satellite then the SD channels would be shocking especially on a flat panel made even more so if you see what their HD channel is capable of:(
    The only other HD channel on the EPG is BBCHD although LuxeHD can be found via a manual scan as they have no paid to be on the EPG or they have not been added yet not sure which.

9. soundstory

soundstory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    ITV cuts to advert as Everton score winner in cup tie two minutes before end

The channel broke away from the Everton v Liverpool fourth round replay to show a series of short adverts, just as Everton teenager Dan Gosling struck a dramatic winner to settle the tie.

There was speculation a scheduled advert break had been shown by mistake as the match continued past 10pm, when the ITV News was supposed to have been transmitted.

Fans bombarded internet message boards, furious that after 118 minutes of goalless action the only goal was missed.

Afterwards, ITV1's host Steve Rider apologised, saying: "The goal came at the worst possible time for us as we were having some technical problems."

An ITV spokesman said investigations were under way as to the cause and it was too early to say if the weather was to blame.

A spokesman for the FA confirmed that they will be discussing the matter with ITV, who can expect complaints from the general public for an incident which echoed the company's coverage of the San Marino Grand Prix, in 2005.

On that occasion, the final advert break, lasting two minutes and 30 seconds, occurred just as the race, by then a close contest between Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher, was entering its closing stage and finished just before the final lap. As a result OFCOM received 126 complaints, all of which were upheld.

A number of fans immediately posted comments on various internet forums last night criticising the problems.

On ITV Sport's forum, one member said: "Rejoining the game after Gosling had scored was more than a little disappointing, given the attritional 118 minutes of football that had gone before it.

"ITV must be aware that many are very cynical about the FA Cup being on ITV because it is a commercial station, so this really rubs it in your face, mistake or otherwise. Unbelievable."

Chris Gresham, 26, a Liverpool supporter from north London, said: "This is another reason why ITV should not be allowed near football coverage."

An ITV spokesman said: "We experienced some technical problems towards the end of the game which meant that we cut away at the time of the goal. We immediately replayed the goal and Steve Rider apologised.

"This would appear to be a network transmission problem and was nothing to do with the production team on the ground. We apologise to viewers for the interruption to the game."