1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EverQuest Set Up Help Wanted

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Garrett, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    I have a cover disc for a month’s free trial of Ever Quest. Is there any race or character class that you would recommend? And any other helpful info.

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    Don't play Everquest :p

Play FFXI which is about 10 times better :) Although you do have to import it from the states and isn't free :p

I haven't played EQ for years, but if it is just the original game with no expansions then simply choose anything you want. There are no gimped characters really unless you are an extreme number cruncher.

TBH with only a free months trial you won't get very far anyway, EQ is a game that takes about 3-6 months to really pick up.

If you want a class that is wanted a lot choose Cleric, if you want something to solo with druid or necro. If you want to tank Warrior or Paladin. Thats how it used to be anyway, most classes have strong points it depends on your style of play.

The big plus of FFXI is that you do not have to pick a class as such as you can change class/job any time you want :) Plus playing with Japanese players makes a refreshing change from the American playerbase in other MMORPGs.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    Thanks for the reply Sinzer.

I take it you mean the Cleric is one other players like to team up with, and the Druid and Necromancer are best for solo players.

Are the characters skills anything like in Diablo II.

Not knowing anything about it, what perspective do you view in, first person, third, or isometric like Diablo?

4. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    It is a full 3D game, it is best playing in First Person for the main action, but you will use 3rd Person for travelling.

It is nothing like Diablo II, you choose your initial race and class and that is it. You are locked into it, progression is based solely on killing monsters, the only choice in strategy you have is to buy different weapons/armour. However, that is still very limiting as there is usually ONE peice of uber armour/weapon that everyone wants and you make do with what you can afford.

It might be worth a go, but I remember the game looking really dated about 2 years ago.

It is quite interesting if it is the first MMORPG you play, however if you are serious about trying an MMORPG I would recommend you look at FFXI, Anarchy Online or Dark Age of Camelot. AO has a downloadable free trial.

Those games are a little more advanced and IMO have better games mechanics.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    Not bothered about looking too dated, I like good game play.
    Also It will give me some taste of online gaming, and give me some idea what to look for if I have a go one of those you mention.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    :mad: I tried to set a demo account up yesterday but it looks as though it has been suspended for the time.