1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everquest II

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Master Rahl, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been playing the EQ2 beta for the past few weeks, but due to a non disclosure agreement I couldn't say anything. The NDA has now been lifted. Here are some pictures. Click for a bigger picture. Yes Mr. Moderator, it is hosted on my own hosting space.

I also played the WoW beta for a few weeks. I've also played pretty much every other MMORPG out there, for 1 month or so, except Everquest, which I played for 4+ years.

This game is better than WoW. WoW (world of warcraft) is very empty compared to Everquest II. I leveled to level 33 in WoW in under 1 week. In Everquest II, it took me 2+ weeks just to get to 20. There is more content in Everquest II. The game is tougher, and the competition with other players is MUCH more intense. It has the same addictive flavor that Everquest had. This is definitely Everquest. It is bigger, better, with vastly improved graphics, sound (130+ hours of speech!!!), questing system, and more balanced classes (although it keeps the rivalry!). This is a terrific game.

Click for a bigger picture, and enjoy. EDIT: I can't post that many images. Follow the link. Sorry, there will be no thumbnails as I the forum won't let me put 50 pictures in one post (all <3 kb in size, mind you)

Here are some screenshots from EQ2, in no particular order. Click for a bigger picture. This game IS the WoW killer.

The rat is me.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rrahl/eq/

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    Is it still the old auto attack affair? Or is the action more fast paced?

I dunno if you played the Guild Wars demo over E3, but that was a very interesting combat engine.

3. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,737
    What plans are there for PvP? Any MMORPG without that element (done well too, I don't mean PvP servers) is dead dead dead to me....

4. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    LOL Everquest PVP? Hehe that game was designed for carebears, as a person who played on Rallos Zek for 2 years I spent a fair amount of time on EQStratics forums getting abused for talking about PVP :)

Of course PVP was far more amusing than the blue servers, I only got ganked about once or twice and each time I was wearing no drop. You certainly learned how to pack your inventory up quickly on Rallos :)