Everio Advice Please

taras

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I currently have a Everio GZ-MG21EK, super little camcorder, easy to use and after cracking the codec problems, imports to PC without problem. The camera is light easy to carry and easy to use. The only drawback is it low light capability and its PQ is not that good. Should I replace it with the last of the GZ-MG505EK's or wait until the GZ-MG575 is generally available.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Mike

Hi, i have an MG20EK, also looking to replace it with either the MG505, or if there's a replacement coming soon i'll look into that, but at the mo £580 is a bit too much.

Can anyone recommend an alternative for £500 or less?

Im also inmterested in the MG575EK
Chepaest i can find is £615 inc shipping form uk supplier.
Like you say its a bit pricey at minute, you rekon itll drop by much over the next month as id like one for summer ? Does look nice though, specially in the black

Just bought one
£614 inc shipping from Digital Point
Buy now pay in Jan too :)
Will let you know how it performs once ive had time to test

Hi Madgames, I will be very interested in what you think of the MG575EK and the service you get from Digital Direct, I wondered about their Buy Now Pay Later but I was dissapointed to see that they charge £25.00 for the service.

Mike

yeah actually your right, in all the exitement i forgot about the £25 charge
Still i sold my old sony DVD505 camcorder on ebay for £300 so i only gotta find £350 to change. i too hope i like it , i HATED dvd based camcorder with a passion, least this one has a dock so it may be "wife" friendly :)
Will post my thoughts when i get it
Cheers

You are lucky with your Ebay sale, my Everio MG-21EK went the first day, the only problem was that it went to a 'lady' in Germany who wanted it posted to South Africa, to her husband who worked on a oil rig, I got an official looking communication from 'Paypal' confirmin the funds had been received, it all looked a bit suspicious so I forward it the the Paypal spoof dept who confirmed it was a fake.

Thanks for the reply and please let me know what you think of the 575

Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom