• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ever wondered what to do with those speaker cables?

Deadringers

Distinguished Member
Answer: Turn them into art!

N1u1XdA.jpeg

Disclaimer:
Not my setup - I just found this on Reddit and thought it was cool :)

Last edited:

jenam93

Personally I think it looks chuffing awful, but each to their own I guess.

Maybe the layout of the cables themselves could be a lot funkier to make it more arty.

S D I

Banned
oh dear

I get the concept and agree with the chuffin awful comment in this case but feel the idea could work with a little more creativity.

IE. wall mount TV stylishly.
IE. clear the wall of the. picture, dog lead, keys, sword or whatever that lot is! too congested.
IE. front speaker wires could have come from behind the TV symmetrically, rear wiring could have gone neatly up the left hand side and maybe labelled left rear, right rear.
IE. an odd schematic/electronic symbol or label could have been used to go with the theme of the design.
IE. the light switch could have also been incorporated into the design where the 'cable' could have gone up the wall from the switch to the actual light fittings.

just thinking out loud

Unfortunately, rather than a cool design idea IMHO it looks like a bodged cable job.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom