ever heard of these suppliers of pch a-300

bruny

Established Member
Reaction score
Not heard of those guys before

I've ordered my A300 direct from Popcorn. Unfortunatley I have had to wait to be included in this weeks batch from an order I placed 10 Nov. If I miss this batch will think about cancelling order and maybe using these people:

nexus - Multimedia Player, Iamm, Mediagate, Popcorn Hour, ZoltaTV, alta definicion

They confirmed via email yesterday that they do have them in stock.

Not heard of those guys before

I've ordered my A300 direct from Popcorn. Unfortunatley I have had to wait to be included in this weeks batch from an order I placed 10 Nov. If I miss this batch will think about cancelling order and maybe using these people:

nexus - Multimedia Player, Iamm, Mediagate, Popcorn Hour, ZoltaTV, alta definicion

They confirmed via email yesterday that they do have them in stock.

what about these.http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/11199929/art/popcorn-hour/a-300-network-attached-mu.html never used them before. but alot of people like them. some not so much but you'll always get some bad reviews

I've ordered stuff from Pixmania and never had a problem

thanks know a few people who have ordered from them and not had any problems. my only problem is do i go for the pch a-300 or wait for the dune tv 301. decisions decisions lol . they both use the same chipset so will be pretty much the same performance wise. but i like the idea that the video wall is built into popcorn and i have heard popcorn does a better job with music.

what sold it for me was the NMJ

Have a look on Youtube for the A300 and Part 1 to 5 videos showing set up and the NMJ

Its cool...

yeh already seen those vids, that was the clincher for me too. having a built in nmj

I have a Dune BD Prime and Pocorn Hour A200. The Dune is better and you can install Zappitti movie wall or Yadis movie wall very easily. Dune all the way for me personally

IIRC Pixmania are part of the Dixons group (DSGI) and are based in France. If you do have any warrenty issues then you are likely to need to send the player back to France at a higher shipping cost. Also this is going to be French stock so likely to have a Euro plug.

I previously owned a PCH C-200 and sent it back to be replaced with a Dune Prime 3.0 as I didn't get on with it. So I would also recommend the Dune over a PCH.

Mark.

I know we are into personal preferences, but interested to know what the Dune does better than the PCH - I still have time to change my order:)

To clarify my following comments - it has been about 2 years since I last used a PCH so things may well have changed in that time.

For me the Dune firmware is just a little easier to use and get setup
Media playback, especially with high bitrate rips is smoother
The Dune is more responsive to the remote (I did have major issues with the RF remote of the PCH though)

To be fair though most of the differences are slight rather than a night & day difference in performance. There may have been other things, but being 2 years back my memory is fading fast :blush:

Mark.

Thanks Mark

I think I'll stick with the order but will be giving it a good going over when I get it and have no qualms about going for a Dune if need be

Worked my way thru a ATV2 (Jailbroken), Boxee Box and WDTVLive Hub in 6 months anyway!

Dont like the sound of the struggling with high bit rate movies so will be trying my BD rip of The Dark Knight straight away !

I'll let you know how I get on

For me the Dune firmware is just a little easier to use and get setup
Media playback, especially with high bitrate rips is smoother

It's the same processor, so not sure how this can be the case?

I'd say it is a Dune firmware vs PCH firmware difference - as you say they both use the same Sigma SoC.

Mark.

I have no problems with any of my high bitrate BD rips with both my C200 or A210. Dark Knight (full ISO rip) works flawlessly and Baraka (has some of the highest bitrates on BD) also works without a hitch.

As to the firmware being easier to set up and use :confused: The firmware just installs, you do nothing else. You can do online updates so it is just 'Update'. You do get questions on where to install it as you can put it on the internal drive or a USB pen - but that is as complex as it gets.

If the actual criticism is setting up other apps like NZBGet or Bittorrent etc then yes, you have to configure them and the instructions are almost non existant but there is a good wiki available online.

well it seems the general consensus on here favours the dunes not sure why :D but as was already said they both use the same chipset.which should make them pretty equal performance wise. obviously they will both have different bugs. the dunes have problems with lipsync on quite a few movies unless you use the old dvd engine, also the dunes seem to be slightly worse in the music department from what i hear. so i'm sure both units will have there little problems. therefore it comes down to personal choice. the dunes are a better looking unit than the pch. would like to see some kind of review of the new dunes tv 101 & tv301 before making a decision. but dune seem to hanging back with the release the tv 301 and the new frirmware update for the tv 101. maybe they want everthing to be just right who knows. but christmas is coming and lots of people are buying now. error in judgement on there part maybe. as they'll be losing orders.

When you're into media streamers (and I think most of us on here are) and treat it as a bit of a hobby I dont think it matters when we try a few different players along the way before we settle on something - until the next best thing is released :D

Might lose a few quid along the way but at least media players are at the lower end of the price range for home cinema related kit.

I'm gonna have a go with the A300. Might get a Dune for the spare room early next year - if I can sell my Live Hub and ATV2:laugh:

should'nt think you'll have a problem selling mate. if the price is right they will come :rotfl:

Like the look of the A-300 and I'm really tempted to take the plunge but replacing my A-110 in the bedroom is priority at the moment. Will keep checking back to see how you guys get on with it when it arrives, by which time the C-300 may have been announced :eek: :D

would like to see some kind of review of the new dunes tv 101 & tv301 before making a decision.
Give me a day or two to have a play and I'll get something up on the forum ;)
I've also got a Smart H1, Dune TV stick and the Dune keyboard on loan so plenty to play with before posting too much. But so far I do like the TV101 :smashin:

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom